Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2006 RAV4 a month ago and drove almost 900 Miles. Its a great SVU and I love it. Here are a couple of issues that I have and I need some clarifications from the 2006 RAV4 owners. I noticed that when vehicle is in drive (D) mode at certain fixed intervals engine vibrates, I can feel it on the steering and on other parts. This doesn’t appear when engine is ON and is in neutral. Initially I felt this is due to the AC or the Heating system that is ON. Even when I switch AC/Heater OFF I still noticed vibrations at fixed intervals.
I have another car, Maxima, I compared vibration in RAV4 with the 1996 Maxima, and vibrations in Maxima are comparatively much lesser.

Is it a defect or is it something very common in all 2006 RAV4s? Did any of you experience it in your RAV4?

Also, RAV4 steering wheel is much harder compared to Maxima. I am not sure if this is really an issue. I would appreciate if you can share your experience in this context.

Thanks,
Sanchi

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also feel that... on parking.... is like when you need to change the oil..... probably We have to change already the oil at 1000 miles.... also the steering is like that so your responsiness are better on the road... so is a pro, rather than a cons....

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
are you saying the engine is OFF and in D you feel it??

sanchalanam said:
I bought 2006 RAV4 a month ago and drove almost 900 Miles. Its a great SVU and I love it. Here are a couple of issues that I have and I need some clarifications from the 2006 RAV4 owners. I noticed that when vehicle is in drive (D) mode at certain fixed intervals engine vibrates, I can feel it on the steering and on other parts. This doesn’t appear when engine is ON and is in neutral. Initially I felt this is due to the AC or the Heating system that is ON. Even when I switch AC/Heater OFF I still noticed vibrations at fixed intervals.
I have another car, Maxima, I compared vibration in RAV4 with the 1996 Maxima, and vibrations in Maxima are comparatively much lesser.

Is it a defect or is it something very common in all 2006 RAV4s? Did any of you experience it in your RAV4?

Also, RAV4 steering wheel is much harder compared to Maxima. I am not sure if this is really an issue. I would appreciate if you can share your experience in this context.

Thanks,
Sanchi

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO, Engine is ON and in drive (D) Mode. This is the situation when the vehicle in not on move but still the engine is running (at STOP signs and trafic lights).

Tough, current mileage is nearing 1000 I started noticing it since 300-400 mileage on my RAV4.

Thanks,
Sanchi

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ok becuase you said this..

This doesn’t appear when engine is ON and is in neutral. Initially I felt this is due to the AC or the Heating

and I was confused. Some 4 cylinders have a slight vibration at idle. Give it some more break in miles to see it it goes away..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts