Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2009, 4 cylinder Rav and since it is still under extended warranty, I figured I should use WS fluid and a Toyota filter. I dropped into the local Toyota dealerships parts department last week to pick up said fluid and filter and the parts technician said that they do not stock the filters since all they do is a drain and fill. He gave me a good discount on the fluid (like $6.50 instead of $9.20 per quart) so I was a happy camper. I then ordered a Toyota filter from Parts Geek and I want to get it all done this weekend (pending condition of my frigging cold).

Just something I thought was interesting - dealership does not stock transmission filters.....

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm going to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2009, 4 cylinder Rav and since it is still under extended warranty, I figured I should use WS fluid and a Toyota filter. I dropped into the local Toyota dealerships parts department last week to pick up said fluid and filter and the parts technician said that they do not stock the filters since all they do is a drain and fill. He gave me a good discount on the fluid (like $6.50 instead of $9.20 per quart) so I was a happy camper. I then ordered a Toyota filter from Parts Geek and I want to get it all done this weekend (pending condition of my frigging cold).

Just something I thought was interesting - dealership does not stock transmission filters.....
Does seem odd, doesn't it? A small dealership perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
The dealership where we purchased won't even do a drain & fill.....machine flush only. No pan drop or new filter at any price.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The dealership where we purchased won't even do a drain & fill.....machine flush only. No pan drop or new filter at any price.
you mean "they do a machine WALLET flush only" :laugh

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
My I4 filter (which is actually a metal screen, no a media filter) looked new but I changed it for a media filter anyway.
I can see why they would not store those metal screens.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Ya, it's not like the metal screens capture contaminates like the cellulose filters do.
They keep it out of the system and it collects in the pan.
If the change is done properly with a pan drop, it's all cleaned out at that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts