Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I found this site when I read about the 2006 V6 and just had to research it. Thought I'd just post a quick intro.

First off, thanks Kelly for this site. It's got so much information!

I've been looking at the Honda Element and CRV for a few months (eliminated the Xterra way early on due to fuel economy). I love the concept of the E (utility, 3 dogs, uniqueness) but there are just a few things that drive me nuts.

As far as the CRV...just can't see myself in it. I own a 1988 4WD Honda Civic Wagon (yes, it's really old!) and the CRV just kind of reminds me of the wagon on stilts. Also, I don't like the way Honda packages its models.

Which is why I'm looking at RAV4 as a possible next buy! I like the fact that Toyota provides many of the same options across the models, but I think it costs more in the long run since now I want everything!

I really like the thought of having a V6 with the fuel economy of the 2006 RAV4. (guess I won't be able to use puttputt anymore if I do end up with it :lol: ) But I think I'm open to a 2005 considering that I have to tell my husband I want to spend an extra $6000 now (he thinks I'm sold on the E, which I was until I test drove it).

So...that's not really a short intro :oops: but hey, I got to use a couple of emoticons!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi, puttputt. Welcome to RAV4World.

For over 10 years I had a 1986 Honda Civic Wagon (2WD) which was versatile but a horrible lemon. :roll: It ate my $$$$ :evil: :cry: :x and my patience :x . In 2000 and 2001 when I went car shopping to replace it, I shuddered when test driving CRVs because they felt and drove so much like the Civic Wagon :shock: , but taller, as you mentioned.

I love my RAV4.2, which now has 121k miles on the odometer. I recommend you test drive several more vehicles (different makes and models) and the older (4.2, 4.2) and upcoming (4.3) RAV models before buying so you get a feel for what's out there and what suits you best. Try a Subaru, a Scion, Toyota Matrix, and a few other vehicles while you wait for the new RAVs to show up at dealerships.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Liz. I'm going either next week or the week after when the dealer gets the 4 cylin. 2006. I was planning on test driving the 2005 and 2006 but I'll take a look at the Matrix, too.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yap, you are right :D . mine takes all kinds of abuse and neglect but just keeps going strong. sometimes tap the dash though and say something like "good car" or "way to go" if i blow-off someone in a drag race or loose someone on a twisty road!!! :twisted:

never did give it a name though, somewhat like my dog eh who we just call "dog"!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts