Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the research, solicited quotes from dealers and got a quote which seem to be a good deal for a factory ordered V6 Flint Mica Sport (i.e. $500 above invoice)... but maybe not!?! I had seen a lot of posts about people getting $$$ above invoice or $$$ below MSRP. MSRP is easy to find because it's right there on the sticker and it's the same for all the dealers. But Invoice on the other hand is not. The invoice price found on car research web sites is not really the same as dealer's invoice. Dealer's invoice is almost always higher. It also differs from one dealer to the next. So saying I got $500 over 'invoice' doesn't really mean much. I may just be ignorant and this may be a pretty well known fact to everybody. Or is my dealer pulling a fast one on me? How can you determine if you are getting a fair deal?

Anyway, I had already put a $500 refundable deposit to get it ordered. Once it gets here only then will the real bargaining start. I have the quote in writting but there is really nothing preventing them from changing it. I just wanted to solicit opinions so that I can be well prepared for the battle to come.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I picked up my RAV4 yesterday, I asked the dealer for a copy of the invoice. The prices matched those on Edmunds. I had paid ($11 or $12) for the Consumer Report document, which pretty much had the same info that was free on Edmund’s and www.cars.com. Based on that I think you have a pretty good base.

I think the only way you can determine if you are getting a good deal is how you fell about it. Based on the circumstances, what may be a fair deal for me may be bad for you (location, competitiveness of the dealers, needs, etc.).

Good Luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know your dealer invoice but mine includes $400 holdbacks and $200 finance reserve. That's $600 over Edmunds or KBB price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts