Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2017 RAV4 LE and lovin' it so far. Need to tow a small 14 ft jon boat on single axle trailer (16ft). This should easily be less than 1500 lb that is max. rated towing capacity for car. I got a deal on Class 3 tow hitch and want to have that installed. Realize that Class 3 hitch is well over 1500 towing capacity and will always make sure never exceed that. So, any reason why can't use Class 3 hitch other than may be may be "overkill?" Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,127 Posts
Absolutely no reason you couldn't.
And welcome!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only buy class 3 or 2 inch receiver hitches. Best selection of accessories and for us everything fits both vehicles. Size adapters are illegal in some jurisdictions. We only pull a small trailer or use a bike rack, no problems.
Hitch on our 2013 Rav4 LTD was very easy to install, it just bolts on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed a Curt class 3 hitch today. Haven't towed anything yet but installation was not bad and it fit perfect. Just don't pull more than your Rav4's specified towing capacity and should be fine. I have the 2013 limited awd and my tow max is 1500 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed a Draw-Tite 75235 Class III on my 2017 XLE and fits perfectly just a minor cut to a plastic cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts