Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hard to see, is it the gray part? Expect to part with $300 to $800 depending on the shop with Maaco on the low end. A lot of places will have a minimum labor rate of $250 which covers the opportunity cost of other jobs. Then you add materials and supplies on top of that. Even though it’s not a large area they still will remove the existing paint, prime, and repaint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to see, is it the gray part? Expect to part with $300 to $800 depending on the shop with Maaco on the low end. A lot of places will have a minimum labor rate of $250 which covers the opportunity cost of other jobs. Then you add materials and supplies on top of that. Even though it’s not a large area they still will remove the existing paint, prime, and repaint.
I zoom in the picture. This paint damage is caused by the screws on my license plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. To get any meaningful replies, you need to post a much better picture. With all of the reflections and the uneven light, it is hard to determine what you are referring to as being damaged, how serious the damage is, or what needs to be done to repair it.
Thanks for your reply!
I just zoom in the picture to show the damage part.
Please take a look

·
Registered
264 Posts
Doing a proper repair on that spot would require uninstalling the bumper cover, sanding/leveling the area where the damage is, preparing the entire bumper for re-painting, spraying new color on the entire bumper, spraying a new clear coat, and re-installing the bumper.

Depending on the shop rates in your area, such a properly done repair would likely cost around $600. You might be able to get away with just sanding the area where the damage is and spraying and blending new paint. Such a repair would be much less expensive, but it would also be more likely that any color mismatch would be more noticeable. However, since the damaged area appears to be somewhat low on the bumper, any mismatched color would be less noticeable than if it was higher up.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 LE Hybrid on order - likely will be 2023 model instead
42 Posts
I made this when I was parking..
How much does it cost if car's owner want to do the new paint?
The first ding is always the hardest to accept. I would not even bother fixing that. As soon as it's done, there will be another scrape somewhere. Don't look at it and move on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The first ding is always the hardest to accept. I would not even bother fixing that. As soon as it's done, there will be another scrape somewhere. Don't look at it and move on.
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that the damage is on the OP's car. It sounds like the OP was parking his own car and inadvertently damaged someone else's car. What the OP is trying to figure out is how much he should compensate the owner of the car to repair the damage done.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks like damage caused by the license plate screws from OP's car to someone's bumper. I had that happen to my rear bumper a long time ago. That person's insurance cut me a check for over $1,100 for a new bumper and painting of the bumper.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 LE Hybrid on order - likely will be 2023 model instead
42 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that the damage is on the OP's car.
I re-read the OP's post and you are probably right. Same advice though. If someone did that kind of damage on my bumper, I'd probably not make a big deal out of it unless there was a crack in the plastic.

Whatever amount you give the other driver, they may just pocket the cash. If that bothers you, tell them to show you th invoice after they fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a a 1x1 inch scuff repaired on my bumper. Similar damage and repair. I got 3 quotes and went with the middle. The lowest quote was $975 and the highest was $1,685. Middle one was a little under $1,200. Maybe that’s the new norm due to inflation. This was in the Charlotte area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to clarify, my damage was on a Camry, not the Rav. Happened 3 months into ownership. Paid out of pocket. Insurers do get better rates than a consumer so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I overlooked the screw mark as being the sole issue. I originally thought there was a bunch of scuffing at the top edge of the bumper which is probably reflection.

You're probably just going to have to get bids to see what it would cost to repair. Everything is expensive anymore.

·
Registered
331 Posts
View attachment 184337

And
Bro that's so small. Scrape it with your nail a bit and see if half the white part goes away. Put your favorite bumper sticker on it. I have 3 minor scratches after 2 years and I really don't care that much anymore at some point maybe I will get them all fixed but it's no biggy ani barely notice them. I barely notice the small ding you have there. That's like $50 bucks to fix also. Just get quotes so you know your not getting scammed.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD
877 Posts
View attachment 184337

View attachment 184363
Did this to my 2001 RAV4.2. 1st battle scar I got, backed into a family member's Civic and the hood/licence plate was low enough to not hit the rear door tire but left a nice screw circle in my bumper.

Wear it with a badge of honor. I never fixed mine. 😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that the damage is on the OP's car. It sounds like the OP was parking his own car and inadvertently damaged someone else's car. What the OP is trying to figure out is how much he should compensate the owner of the car to repair the damage done.
YES!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts