Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to change the headlight lens cover?
My 2005 headlight lens are so yellowish and not so clear. I have use toothpaste
to clean the lens and had repeat the process four times. The toothpaste did a marvelous job, but on the outside only, but the inside of the lens is yellowish.
It seems that the yellowish is from the inside not outside, which I thought so by just looking at it from an outside veiw. Getting a new assembly is not an option
For just one headlight assembly( only need one ) is a whooping $360:surprise
My headlight does not need a replacement, it is 100% working, it's just the yellow inside the lens. If the lens could be remove and reinstalled, What are the steps. If not, then no alternative but replace. Has anyone done this before?
Thank you:smile:smile:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Being in Guam is going to be a problem for shipping, but there are decent housings available on eBay and Amazon for closer to $250 for the pair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you CB, yes you are right about shipping to Guam is a bit of a problem. Both eBay and Amazon does not ship items that are as big as the headlight assembly. But there's no despair nor disappointment. Rock auto and 1A Auto ship to Guam, but expensive, I'll just have to bite the bullet and dish out the $$$.$$ since I need a replacement. Thanks CB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts