Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's easy to add-on fog lights to the base model after purchase since it is not offered as an option?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
No, it is not. If you look under your hood, the fog light compartment is enclosed. You need to take apart some panels to get to it. I try to change my fog light bulb and couldn't even get to it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like the protective panel under the front fascia needs to come off first, then installing the fogs shouldn't be a big deal. I am hoping to install some also - just need to find the right size fogs.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I'm sure its possible -- dealerships always want something to make more money. Parts and service makes up a large percentage of their profit margin.

That said, I'm sure there's instructions on how it can be done floating around somewhere. Whether it's in the official Toyota RAV Repair Manual, or some other documentation provided only to Toyota ports and dealers is yet to be known.

*Remembers the instructions for servicing the ceiling console...* Kelly? :wink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe I read in the owners manual that replacing the bulb in the fogs is a dealer only procedure :shock:

I need to invest in the factory manual. Or wait for Bentley Publishers to make a manual for the RAV.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer Only

If a Dealer's mechanic can do it a competent DIY'er can certainly do it. The only question will be the how and with a little time and trial and error it certainly can be done. The new trend of making items "Dealer Only Repair" is becoming a pain. I can undersand it if it's an error in design (like the old GM's that you had to pull the engine to change the back plugs) but in many of the new cases it's on purpose!! As stated earlier it's way to try and make more $'s for the dealers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts