Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey,

I have been lurking here and finally registered to post. I am really considering buying a new rav but I would really like to make it look like the EURO version. I have been tryin to find parts or replacement parts I would pay to have them imported to Cali but no luck so far....

heres some pics of what I like!

http://img.infocoches.com/img/toyota/2006-RAV4/toyota_2006-RAV4-047_2.jpg

http://img.infocoches.com/img/toyota/2006-RAV4/toyota_2006-RAV4-055_2.jpg

Thanks for any info it is much appreciated!!!

R

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Yeah... that Euro version does look nice. If you were able to get the parts to make the conversion... you could have the worlds only Euro V6 RAV4 :D

Sorry... I don't have any sources for you. Maybe someone from across the pond will see your message and suggest a parts source for you. Of course the nearly IMPOSSIBLE part of this transformation would be cutting the 9" (I think?) of addtional body length off your US model :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh thanks for the replies...

I think the hardest part would be getting the rear part shipped over. My only real gripe is I just dont like the tire on the back :[ I have someone who can clear my headlights, ide get side markers put in and the antenna shaved and have a euro style antenna put on the top and I will be set!

...someday

R

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
RAVMAN said:
Of course the nearly IMPOSSIBLE part of this transformation would be cutting the 9" (I think?) of addtional body length off your US model :roll:
Not quite impossible. All you need is a Sawzall!!!! :thumbs_up: :ponder:

If Toyota ever considered selling the Euro version with V6 option, I would seriously consider getting one. Somehow, the elongated version just looks a bit odd. IMHO. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
godson594 said:
heh thanks for the replies...

I think the hardest part would be getting the rear part shipped over. My only real gripe is I just dont like the tire on the back :[ I have someone who can clear my headlights, ide get side markers put in and the antenna shaved and have a euro style antenna put on the top and I will be set!

...someday

R
it's possible to buy the rear door from other county... just that you won't have any place to put your spire tire...

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Euro (SWB) version does look neat as well.

Pic gotten from a local forum here:

To us, locally only the LWB ones are available. It would indeed be neat to have a Euro version in the U.S., and even to us here as well. :wink:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Don't forget you would need to install run-flat tires unless you wanted to throw the spare in the cargo compartment. Are those sized tires even available in the USA as run-flats?

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
233 Posts
The funny part is that on the german RAV4 list everybody is bitching about the run flats and how expensive they are to replace. I honestly believe nobody in the US would pay like 2 Grand to replace their set of tires. So, the tire in the back is not such a bad idea.... nevermind how it looks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if I can find a way I can import that rear end its on. hopefully it will fit!

Well guess I better buy the car first. Going to go test drive tomorrow make sure I even like it. Havin a hell of a time finding one fully loaded around here "San Jose Cali"

I'll let ya'll know how it goes

Thanks for the input

R

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Runflats also have a bad reputation for ruining the ride due to the super-stiff sidewalls.

·
Registered
420 Posts
At least we do not have to use moronic red rear flashers on RAV4 in the U.S. When 1G Neon came out, a few people tried to import Euro taillight assemblies. A set was $700. Very few people bought it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Derek said:
RAVMAN said:
Of course the nearly IMPOSSIBLE part of this transformation would be cutting the 9" (I think?) of addtional body length off your US model :roll:
Not quite impossible. All you need is a Sawzall!!!! :thumbs_up: :ponder:

If Toyota ever considered selling the Euro version with V6 option, I would seriously consider getting one. Somehow, the elongated version just looks a bit odd. IMHO. :D
I totally agree. The length of the U.S. Rav4 makes it look less like an SUV and more like a tall wagon.

We just bought a new car this year...I really wanted to get the Rav4, but it was a close decision between the Rav4 and an HHR (the Rav4 being a big better of a vehicle, but our HHR cost about $6,000 less).

Had the Rav4 been offered in the shorter Euro version, that would have been the choice regardless of the price. As it is, we chose the HHR.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anything is possible. How much money are you willing to spend?

I agree, that is a great looking vehicle. I'm also not a fan of the rear mounted spare but fun-flats are not an acceptable answer to me. I could however live without the storage space under the rear deck.

I know somebody out there is going to answer this question with "yesterday"... but I haven't had a flat tire in many years. I've found tires going flat because of a nail ... but not pancake flat. I carry a portable (plug into the cig. lighter) air pump anyway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
John E Davies said:
Don't forget you would need to install run-flat tires unless you wanted to throw the spare in the cargo compartment. Are those sized tires even available in the USA as run-flats?

John Davies
Spokane WA
Just wondering. Doesn't the 2-row 4.2 have an "empty" compartment in the back (where the 3rd-row would've folded-flat)... Wouldn't a full-sized spare fit in there?

Cheers!

Philo

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not worried bout a flat. First thing I am doing when I get the rav is taking it and replacing the stock wheels with something bigger and nicer. I might try and figure a way to keep a spare inside somehow. I plan on ordering a body kit as well along with replacement grill. I would also like to gut it and edead the whole car if I get it. I will have some money to play with "I was orginally looking at an x5" but like the fact I can get this for half the price and its as quick as the car I own now "2001 acura cl type s" I am bummed I wont have navi and hid again but I will also order a new deck for the car.

R

1 - 20 of 22 Posts