Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have "coming home" lights (headlight stays on after engine turns off), but is it possible to program "leaving home" lights (DRL/headlights and interior lights turn on when you unlock the vehicle at night) too?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was pretty certain that the interior lights at least turned on when you unlocked the car, but I just went to check and it didn't. I'm not certain if it's an ambient light thing and since it's daytime it left everything off. I'll try to remember to try it again when it gets dark.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Smartkey equipped vehicles turn interior lighting on(at night) when approaching the vehicle before touching the door handle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smartkey equipped vehicles turn interior lighting on(at night) when approaching the vehicle before touching the door handle.
I have a smartkey and yes my interior lights illuminate when I approach the vehicle (like arm's length away) and when I unlock. But is there a way for the DRLs to turn on too in conjunction? Is it possible for DRLs to turn on when remote starting as well?

Just curious if there is some way to program it.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
But is there a way for the DRLs to turn on too in conjunction? Is it possible for DRLs to turn on when remote starting as well?

Just curious if there is some way to program it.
If there is, it would be in Techstream programming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts