Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it's me again, and this time I have a problem instead of answers.

I just received my carbon fiber hood from my 2000 RAV4, but the problem is... it doesn't look like it's for my RAV4. That or it's incomplete. the bonnet is pretty much straight, there's no curve at all that wraps the front for the grill.

This is a genuine carbon fiber hood w/scoop made from VIS. I bought it from ground dynamics in Cali. Can someone help enlighten me on this subject?

I already called and email them the pictures they requested, but haven't heard from them yet. Is the hood a 2 piece, and I'm just missing the grill part or is it the wrong hood?

·
Registered
432 Posts
The hood is supposed to be one piece. It'll look just like the one that's on there now. I would say that they sent you the incorrect hood.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yup... sounds like they sent you the wrong hood. If you really are not sure, take some measurements of your factory hood and compare it to the carbon fiber one. I am certain though, that the CF hood should be an exact replication of the factory one.

By the way, how much did you pay for it? I was tempted to get one on eBay awhile back, but shipping would make it too expensive. :cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was $360.80
shipping was 133.04... but that's cause it's delivered all the way from Cali to NY.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I found out what was the problem.... after a few phone calls and everything... I check the box that the hood came in with...

And what do I see?....

96-00 Toyota 4Runner!!!!!!!

WTF??? The invoice said Rav4 and they shipped out the wrong hood.

They're going to change it to the correct one once they received the one I returned... And I'm not paying for the shipping cause it's not my fault at all. So I gave them props for that.

I'll keep you guys updated on what's happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts