Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look at engine block recall, numbers are 44000 in USA, 8200 in CA. Toyota sold 92k on rav4 HV in 2019, so 44k is only small fraction which combine camary, Avalon, RAV4 are affected. Mine is made in Japan from vin, not listed when I search, so the recall must be most Canadian made RAV4. So my question is that If yours are made in Japan, do you have any recall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is Japan made around 4/2019. Not showing up on recall sites yet. Have not had any engine issues (knock on wood).

·
Registered
33 Posts
None of them show up by looking up the VIN on the recall website.I guess Toyota still has to submit the list on the recall database. Someone from Canada, with a 2019 Rav4 manufactured in Canada called the dealership and the dealership confirmed that his car is affected, but when he ran his VIN on the recall website it came back as no recalls available. I am thinking that only the Canadian manufactured Rav4s might be affected, as the recall mentions both gas and hybrid models (both versions are manufactured in Canada). As far as I know, there are no gas powered Rav4s imported from Japan in North America. I have a 2020 XSE imported from Japan. My logic tells me that I'm not affected by the issue, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
266 Posts
None of them show up by looking up the VIN on the recall website.I guess Toyota still has to submit the list on the recall database. Someone from Canada, with a 2019 Rav4 manufactured in Canada called the dealership and the dealership confirmed that his car is affected, but when he ran his VIN on the recall website it came back as no recalls available. I am thinking that only the Canadian manufactured Rav4s might be affected, as the recall mentions both gas and hybrid models (both versions are manufactured in Canada). As far as I know, there are no gas powered Rav4s imported from Japan in North America. I have a 2020 XSE imported from Japan. My logic tells me that I'm not affected by the issue, but I might be wrong.
It is a fact that Japan makes, assembles and exports both hybrid and gas RAV4s.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I look at engine block recall, numbers are 44000 in USA, 8200 in CA. Toyota sold 92k on rav4 HV in 2019, so 44k is only small fraction which combine camary, Avalon, RAV4 are affected. Mine is made in Japan from vin, not listed when I search, so the recall must be most Canadian made RAV4. So my question is that If yours are made in Japan, do you have any recall.
The recall is affecting 44,000 in the US, and 8,200 in Canada - independent of where the vehicle was manufactured. Someone could have purchased a Japan-made RAV4 in the US and be subject to this recent recall...

·
Registered
38 Posts
The recall is affecting 44,000 in the US, and 8,200 in Canada - independent of where the vehicle was manufactured. Someone could have purchased a Japan-made RAV4 in the US and be subject to this recent recall...
I disagree. If you are to be correct then Every engine made would be recalled that was built in the entire world. I believe that one particular mold at one site was deemed as flawed. They pour multiply molds as each site thereby reducing the amount of recalls.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts