Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us are very curious about the 2006 RAV4. TOYOTA USA website told us it will come out on the market by DECEMBER but there are still no 2006 models in the TOYOTA DEALERS lot. I'm just curious about the looks of the RAV4. I have no plans yet to get one because I'm in love with my new 2006 HONDA PILOT with NAV/REAR VIEW CAMERA. NO REGRETS too :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Hmmm???

???

Both CalL (They're Here) and Petla (Spotted a RAV4) have posted threads waaayyyy back on Dec 10 & 11 (Washington state and Canada, respectively) that they've seen the new 2006 RAV4 in the wild and I'm sure many others will follow suit in the near future.

Not knowing dealer allocations and delivery dates from the factory/port is problematic and maybe, just maybe, they're moving off the lot and getting snapped up by buyers as soon as they're available! :wink:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just went to the dealership half an hour ago, and oh my God.. they're very nice. I'm not a fan of the size, but the standard stuff it's got is very nice. The seats are a bit more comfortable than the one i have, the dashboard is nice (i'm gonna use that word a lot :mrgreen:). I didn't test drive it cuz it was kinda rainy and i didn't want to drive like that, and the one they had for test drives was gone cuz someone was already test driving it. Besides, i want to wait for the V6 to try it. Oh, the model i saw was a Sport package, very very nice. I don't remember the name of the color, but it was dark gray, with nice aggressive rims and a moonroof. I love the fact that to remove the rear seats, you don't have to pull on that string thing that we have, but instead is like a tab that you pull on and whoosh! the seats fold down... niiiiiice :D. My salesperson told me that the Sport comes in V6 and you don't get the third row seat for that, so all of you that want a V6 without that row, now you know :D 8)

What i don't like about the new Rav is not only that it's bigger, but the fog lights look kinda funny, too small for the aggressive look. Overall, i liked it, but i won't trade my car for that one. Oh, the sticker price was a bit under $26K, a bit pricy for my taste though, with dealership mark up, it'd be about $28K! :shock: That's what my salesperson told me.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am visiting relatives in Sacramento area - which dealer.

And unfortunately in CA I see to many of these dealer mark ups above MSRP. So they expect the negotiation starts at $28K instead of $26K.

JCPZero

·
Registered
271 Posts
When I first shop the all-new model for Honda Ody 2005, the dealers in town have them marked up by $2k. I couldn't prevent myself from laughing when I saw the price. Wonder what they're going to say if the gas station marks up their price and refused to deal until they get their price.

At the end of the day, I just paid $1k above invoice for the vehicle which arrived at the dealer less than 10 days ago.

Patient... Let those suckers get their hands on those vehicles first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts