Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..also the 115 volt outlet. Both these items are not on my new loaded V6 Limited. Well, I guess not so loaded.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmm, I seem to remember seeing the windshield washer de-icer too, but it is not on the Toyota website. At least that I can see. As far as the 115V outlet, it only comes with the DVD player.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I found the de-icer in the Canadian RAV4 brochure, but it's nowhere to be found in the US... Not sure we got it... :?

And yes, the 110/115 outlet is only included with the Toyota DVD entertainment system.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, I can confirm that it is in Canada...saw it myself. Again, another wierd decision, since I'm not sure why it was easier to install or build the vehicle for Canada with the wiper de-cier. Oh...right I forgot... they refer to us as the Great White North up here. You know everyone lives in igloo's and walks around in snow shoes...hehehe...kidding guyz. :shock:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does not work that good anyhow. I was rather disappointed.

Rob

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it wouldn't work all that well. If the snow is coming down really hard your wiper blades will get caked with snow. So you will have to at some point get out and clean the blades. A better idea would be to put those defroster lines in the windshield, but than again, that would somewhat hinder the drivers view. Also, if some people think that the wiper de-icer will illiminate the need for scraping the windshield...I'm afraid that isn't going to be the case. :roll:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the key function is to unstick the wiper blades if they are frozen to the windshield.

Rob

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehehe...good point.

Now if I could install an automatic car starter, that would be the ultimate...however, it's probably not the best for the environment. As some people abuse the automatic car starter and start their car several times before they actually make it out to their car. :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts