Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and have not been able to find anything relating to the 2017 Rav4.4 Xle with lane assist. So if this has been answered somewhere I do apologize.

I'm trying to find out if the wire harness changed for the 2017's as they have added more standard features. I'm hoping that it now maybe has the connector in the overhead for the powered mirror's and its just tucked up there waiting. I know that 16's and prior didn't have it but wanted to ask before I go yanking things open to see. I really miss having the auto dim mirror that I had in my 09 Tacoma. All I have been able to find is a lot of DIY connections to power (awesome info) but did not find a mention of anyone with 2017 adding an auto dim mirror and/or if the plug is just hiding up there now.

I really don't want to hack at this time, and rather not have to fight to get a 12v wire up from the fuse box. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I'll share this about the factory auto dim mirrors in the '15 Limited and '16 limited Hybrid I've owned, they suck, they don't dim anywhere near enough to be effective, you'd be better off going with an aftermarket version. The manual dim mirror in my '06 V6 Rav4 was much preferred.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd like to add a homelink mirror and would love if the connector was already waiting in the computer box on the windshield. Anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, and I am looking for the same information. I do not have a sunroof so I am not sure how to wire that part in. I have been reading here for a while and will keep reading to see if I can find something.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts