Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
My dashcam came with a little piece of string to remove the mount--haven't had to use it so far. There will be some sticky residue left behind which can be removed with some lighter fluid (naptha) or goo gone along with a rag and some elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Problem is more on a hot sunny day that 3m stuff can just let go when parked and baking for awhile. I've had better luck with the Gorilla double sided tape.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dashcam came with a little piece of string to remove the mount--haven't had to use it so far. There will be some sticky residue left behind which can be removed with some lighter fluid (naptha) or goo gone along with a rag and some elbow grease.
Thanks, I hope the dotted area just behind the rear view mirror won't come off!

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
You will have to scrate in between the dots with your nails or hard plastic! If you use a blade, you will scrape off part of the dots too.
Try goo gone like others have suggested. Maybe even plain alcohol.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You could also try WD40, it's a panacea for all things gooey/sticky! :wink

Reactions: matt007

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks guys, will get Goo Gone & WD40 as standby :D!

WD40 works well for this kind of stuff but I would suggest that you spray some on a rag and wipe/rub the glass. Don't spray it directly on you windshield, it will go to places you don't want it to go and make extra work wiping it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts