Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
RAVMAN said:
I've heard they do NOT offer the paper/printed version any more... but have NOT yet been able to confirm this :?
Thanks for clearing that up Quickdtoo :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
steve49589 said:
Ouch. What is the price of the PDFs online?
The minimum is $10 a day for download access, 1 day= until the following day at midnight.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for the info , I signed up for one day, but have you seen a place where the whole service manual can be downloaded instead of all of those little sections?

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
BarnyFife said:
Thanks for the info , I signed up for one day, but have you seen a place where the whole service manual can be downloaded instead of all of those little sections?

Thanks
Nope, you have to open and download each individual PDF file, then figure out the order of the pages to build it out.

250 individual files for the repair manual and 70 files for the wiring diagram. grabbed the 31 TSBs as well.

Not looking forward to figuring out how it all goes together.

I did not grab the 170+ files for the "new model features" document - or something like that.

R

·
0 Posts
Has anyone compared the online documentation with the printed docs? Out of the 250 files for the repair manual, I don't see much of anything that actually tells you how to do things. Almost all of the files are preparation info or specifications. There are only nine maintenance files. However, for engine general maintenance for example, the doc refers to repair manual sections that don't seem to exist. For example, on page MA-9, there is "REPLACE ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER (See page LU-1)" but the link to LU-1 doesn't link to anything available.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ebay has an individual selling a 2001-2006 RAV 4 manual on disc. I haven't seen the item but it's available for around $20.00. Information is on pdf files. If anyone purchases please provide feed-back. :idea:

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
ED1013 said:
Ebay has an individual selling a 2001-2006 RAV 4 manual on disc. I haven't seen the item but it's available for around $20.00. Information is on pdf files. If anyone purchases please provide feed-back. :idea:
Considering the 2006 model has little in common with the previous models with the exception of the I4 engine and the wheel lug pattern, I'd be leary of wasting my money on the ebay CD unless you can confirm that it has specific 2006 model applications. I've seen a bunch of aftermarket parts advertised as fitting the 2001-2006 only to find out they made a mistake, I wouldn't doubt the ebay CD has the same problem.

I've accessed the TIS site twice now, $20 and I've got pretty much everything I need. If you don't have a broadband connection, it would be a pain tho.

royalcx, welcome to R4W!! The oil and filter service .pdf is there, you just need to search the individual sections to find the info you need, at least for the V6, I didn't look for anything specific to the I4.

http://home.comcast.net/~quickdtoo/Oil_Filter.pdf

Tim

R

·
0 Posts
Quickdtoo,

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the pointer that there is documentation on the Toyota Techinfo site. Do you recall where you found that oil filter file?

I thought I had downloaded everything for the 2006 RAV4. I systematically checked off one at a time each selection under Repair Information, References, Accessories, and Collision Repair and then downloaded each itty bitty file. As someone else noted, that involved 250 Repair Manual files, 70 Wiring Diagram files, etc etc.

I suppose I have the files I am looking for, but all of these little files make it hard to find stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
Sorry, I don't remember specifically where it was, that was 3 months ago, I just looked at every section/file and saved what I wanted and probably some that I'll never use!! I renamed the file to something that made sense to me for future reference, their file names were useless.

Tim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Quick2, how long did it take for you to download the pdf files. Can you group the downloads or do you have to open and save individually? Would you recommend renaming the file prior to down load. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
I'm guessing I was online for 2 or 3 hours total, you have to open each file and save it, I renamed when I saved, if you don't you'll have to open it to see what it is later, most of their file names are just numbers and letters.

Tim

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Quickdtoo said:
I'm guessing I was online for 2 or 3 hours total, you have to open each file and save it, I renamed when I saved, if you don't you'll have to open it to see what it is later, most of their file names are just numbers and letters.

Tim
It also depends on if you are dialup or Broadband.

Qd2 and I enjoy broadband speed so downloads are fast.

Dialup may take a while

1 - 20 of 22 Posts