Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate some opinions about this deal.

Specs:

Base V6 4x2

Side Curtain Air bags
Cargo/Tonneau Cover
Daytime Running Lights
Roof rails with crossbars

The dealer is quoting me $23,416 +TTL. The salesman says this is $500 over invoice. I'm skeptical; I was thinking $500 over invoice was more like $22,687.

Is he giving the straight talk or should I shop elsewhere?

K

·
0 Posts
This sounds suspect. It's more like $1300 over edmunds invoice. Well, "invoice" means a lot of different things to different dealers, and I would not give it much weight. I'd keep shopping.

W

·
0 Posts
The five over invoice sounds ball-park to me. Is that a complete list of options you are getting, because I got the same type of vehicle plus all carpets and the net for 23750 which was @ 650 over invoice. Go to carsdirect and click on the precise options you are getting and it will show you the invoice. It's interesting that the most famous low price dealer on the East Coast (fitzmall) is selling I4's at five or six over invoice and V6's at one thousand over. If you're beating those prices you are doing well.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
That sounds about right, the invoice price is $22268 including the floor mats, they all come with the floor mats. $500 on top of that would be $22768, that would make the TTL $ $640. The TTL seems kind of high, are you sure that it doesnt include some other kind of fee?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$23416 was the quote from the dealer only for the four options I mentioned in my first post and that is before adding TTL. I asked the salesperson if there were other options on that car and he told me directly that he removed everything including mats to just the options I wanted.

Side Curtain Air bags
Cargo/Tonneau Cover
Daytime Running Lights
Roof rails with crossbars

Going by KellyBlueBook.com the invoice for a Base V6 4x2 with the above options is $22187. His quote of $23416 is $1229 above KBB.com's invoice. If mats were included at $135 (invoice price), that would raise the KBB invoice to just $22322. But that would still make the dealer's quote $1094 over and not $500 over like he said it is.

Thank you to everyone for the input , I gonna shop a few more dealers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I paid $1500 over the Edmunds invoice list yet $300 less then
"what others are paying" and was glad I got that deal. This is the hottest vehicle out there right now and if your looking for bargains try a Ford Expedition. They're practically giving them away. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Contact the sales manager, Jeremy, at
Bob Howard Toyota Edmond Oklahoma 405-936-8600
He will sell it for $400 over invoice + 199.50 doc fee
Tell him you read it at RAV4 World .com

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go to several dealers and play them off against each other. At least if you don't do better, you’ll know that it is a good price for your area. It might work, so you save a few dollars, and can spend it on gas.

Good luck.

R

·
0 Posts
I paid $22,708 for a Base Model with a V6
It has: Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Toneau Cover, 17" wheels, Hill Assist Control, and Roof Rack. I opted for the V6 over the options because I loved the power.

W

·
0 Posts
ravinitup said:
It has: Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Toneau Cover, 17" wheels, Hill Assist Control, and Roof Rack. I opted for the V6 over the options because I loved the power.
Sounds like a damned good price to me. Is that your complete list of options? Side or curtain airbags, the cargo net, Daytime Running Lights? And I assume that price includes the six hundred dollar delivery charge. (I think all V6's come with the DAC, Hill Assist and 17" tires btw).

R

·
0 Posts
woody said:
ravinitup said:
Sounds like a damned good price to me. Is that your complete list of options? Side or curtain airbags, the cargo net, Daytime Running Lights? And I assume that price includes the six hundred dollar delivery charge. (I think all V6's come with the DAC, Hill Assist and 17" tires btw).
I did get daytime running lights and it does include the delivery charge. I also got the Tow Prep Package. I got it at Carmax in Wisconsin. I called my local dealer and they came within $250 but wouldn't meet or beat the price. So essentially they blew an almost $23,000 deal over $250. Their loss and my gain. I love it. It's such a great SUV!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts