Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Rav4 that I bought used and is near the 36K mile marker. I am having issues with my front brakes. I get vibrations when going down hill and sometimes randomly on non-incline planes. I suspect my rotors might be warped.

I was wondering if this would be covered under the basic warranty if I took it to my local Toyota dealer?

If not, any idea how much a rotor replacement service cost?

Thnx

·
Registered
81 Posts
warped disc(s) are usually your fault and it's not covered by the warranty. And it doesn't cost that much to replace a rotor or two anyways.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have a 2015 Rav4 that I bought used and is near the 36K mile marker. I am having issues with my front brakes. I get vibrations when going down hill and sometimes randomly on non-incline planes. I suspect my rotors might be warped.

I was wondering if this would be covered under the basic warranty if I took it to my local Toyota dealer?

If not, any idea how much a rotor replacement service cost?

Thnx
ADVICS A6F050 Advics OE
Front; LE Model; For vehicle built in Japan rotor

$50.79 x2

ADVICS AD1210 {#044650R010, 0446542160} Ultra-Premium; Includes Preassembled Shims and Molybdenum Silicone Lubricant Info
Front; OE # - 04465-42160

$44.89

2015 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5L L4 Brake Pad | RockAuto

2015 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5L L4 Rotor | RockAuto

If you have a STS Mavis by you they will put rotors on for 15.00 labor per rotor. Also my guess is you need pads too. Labor for pads are 48.00 for front same for rear.

Total price for front brakes pads rotor labor 225.00

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
I highly doubt that would come under warranty. If they got a batch of bad rotors and were aware of it then all would be covered. Just one vehicle? Nope.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
warped disc(s) are usually your fault and it's not covered by the warranty. And it doesn't cost that much to replace a rotor or two anyways.
Just called my local dealership. Brake resurfacing is $290 and replacement is $450. That's a lot of $$ to me...

ADVICS A6F050 Advics OE
Front; LE Model; For vehicle built in Japan rotor

$50.79 x2

ADVICS AD1210 {#044650R010, 0446542160} Ultra-Premium; Includes Preassembled Shims and Molybdenum Silicone Lubricant Info
Front; OE # - 04465-42160

$44.89

2015 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5L L4 Brake Pad | RockAuto

2015 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5L L4 Rotor | RockAuto

If you have a STS Mavis by you they will put rotors on for 15.00 labor per rotor. Also my guess is you need pads too. Labor for pads are 48.00 for front same for rear.

Total price for front brakes pads rotor labor 225.00
Thnx for the info...

I highly doubt that would come under warranty. If they got a batch of bad rotors and were aware of it then all would be covered. Just one vehicle? Nope.
Yea I suspected the same as well.. Looks like replacing brake rotors + pads it a pricey job. Guess this is the risk you take when purchasing a used car.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just called my local dealership. Brake resurfacing is $290 and replacement is $450. That's a lot of $$ to me...

Thnx for the info...

Yea I suspected the same as well.. Looks like replacing brake rotors + pads it a pricey job. Guess this is the risk you take when purchasing a used car.
You can go cheaper the prices are for Advics parts which is the supplier of Toyota. To just resurface rotors any Midas, Tire plus will do it for 35.00 per rotor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@focus123 based off my VIN number, I believe my Rav4 was built in Canada. It's the XLE model...

Which one of the ADVICS rotors should I get? The A6F040 or A6F045

Thnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts