Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that is what the black rectangle and the shiny thing are for.

IMG_0046.JPG

But I don't have AUTO on the wiper switch.

IMG_0058.JPG

I don't have the package that includes the rain-sensing wipers. But strange that I have the piece on the windshield.

·
Registered
2020 XSE Hybrid
177 Posts
I'm sure Toyata did that to save 2 cents per vehicle. Some models don't have footwell lighting but have the hookups for it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe that is what the black rectangle and the shiny thing are for.

View attachment 150973

But I don't have AUTO on the wiper switch.

View attachment 150975

I don't have the package that includes the rain-sensing wipers. But strange that I have the piece on the windshield.
Manufacturers do that all of the time. Then they activate it depending on the package level.

Also look at car alarms. They charge some insane amount just to activate.Otherwise it's still installed in your vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Manufacturers do that all of the time. Then they activate it depending on the package level.

Also look at car alarms. They charge some insane amount just to activate.Otherwise it's still installed in your vehicle.

Same with navigation. It was a $1K option on my 2017 86, but NOT a hardware change. It was included in my 2019 Tacoma, but they forgot to insert the micro SD card so they sent it later. The dealer probably had to install it on the RAV4 as part of the predelivery.

Of course I find the Toyota navigation kind of a waste anyhow.

My guess is the RAV4s have two wiring harnesses too. One for gas model and one for the hybrid. On the lower spec models I would guess all the wiring is there to do most things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts