Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read you have to take the whole front bumper off. Is there a shortcut around that? I have no idea how to take the bumper off or why they would make it that complicated. I've never seen a manufacturer do that. I was trying to attach ballasts last night for the LED fog lights I took out of my 2012 Focus. Swapped them, really, and on the Focus it's 2 T32 screws and the headlight pops out. I wound up attaching the ballasts to some cable inside the fog light area but it was really hard maneuvering to get the zip tie to close. That's why I wanted to do it up top.

Plus, at some point I'm putting halo projector with HID in and I'll have to change the whole units.

·
Registered
129 Posts
it's been like this on toyotas and hondas for over 10 years. maybe toyota thought it was better to secure the headlight at 3 points. sounds more stable than 2 points. but taking off the bumper is fairly easy. it just looks complicated to anyone who hasn't done it before. you can get the bumper off in 15 minutes or less.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not in any rush, but I got some HID bulbs arriving tomorrow that will go in the stock housing, but at some point I want to change to projectors so the light doesn't scatter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts