Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the correct place?

I feel like I am doing something wrong and the Haynes and online workshop manual I have are not very clear on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The thing is thought as a mother trucker…..there must be something I’m doing wrong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excuse my manners, thank you for replying by the way

Sorry I am a little frustrated with my car

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how well it shows; but you see the difference in the engines?

And here is my engine:

My air box is way smaller for instance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@MMR, is it the 2.0 petrol engine? What year is it from - maybe you could update that into you profile too?
Yeah it’s the petrol 2.0, and it’s a 2004 model

Sorry I am a moron at this Tapatalk app, where do I set that in my profile? …or do I need to do that on the desktop version of the site?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check out this video Helped me out on my 2006 RaV 4cyl All the other Videos I watched were wrong
I’m looking for that for that 19mm nut, but I can’t find it on my car

What I will do it talk to a guy I know who has a lift, I’ll try to have a look at it from underneath with a flashlight when it’s raised on a lift and see what I can find

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking for that for that 19mm nut, but I can’t find it on my car

What I will do it talk to a guy I know who has a lift, I’ll try to have a look at it from underneath with a flashlight when it’s raised on a lift and see what I can find

Take the tire off on the passenger side

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You still can’t see anything with the wheel and plastic inner guard removed because the metal inner fender is in the way and there’s only like an inch of clearance between that and the engine pulleys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But I will get it on a lift and have a proper look at it

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah it’s the petrol 2.0, and it’s a 2004 model
Toyota added the 2.4L 2AZ-FE in 2004. Also, provided another post of yours, the 1AZ-FE 2.0L engines came with the airbox sticker that reads 2.0 VVT-i. For 2004-2005 the sticker reads just VVT-i on the 2AZ-FE. Which is not to say your RAV hasn't had a transplant, but if it indeed has the 2.0 1AZ-FE, it wasn't installed at Toyota's Tahara and Nakagusa plants.

·
Registered
446 Posts
But to answer your original question, yes, that is the bolt you torque on: the one attached to the belt tensioner. It is a pain in the butt. In my experience it's a two person job. I usually squeeze the tensioner until it bottoms out, then have my wife work the belt off the pulleys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts