Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm considering placing a rear camera (Viofo A118C) on my 2010. However, there may be an issue given how the rear opens like a door instead of a hatch. I also don't know how long a wire I need to thread through the headliner to a cigarette lighter. I hope someone has done this already. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my HTC_E9pw using Tapatalk

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Yes, I recently added an A118C to my back window to go along with my A118 in the front. You have to rack the lens angle all the way up--it tends to spring back down unless you put a little shim or something to hold it there. I wedged half a toothpick in there. A lot less spare tire shows with the lens up like that. As for the power cable, I kinda did it temporary for now--ran the wire along the inside of the window frame and crossed over near the hinge leaving enough slack for opening the door. Ran the cable into the storage compartment and over to the 12V jack. Works pretty well--I caught this Ford GT last month:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yes, I recently added an A118C to my back window to go along with my A118 in the front. You have to rack the lens angle all the way up--it tends to spring back down unless you put a little shim or something to hold it there. I wedged half a toothpick in there. A lot less spare tire shows with the lens up like that. As for the power cable, I kinda did it temporary for now--ran the wire along the inside of the window frame and crossed over near the hinge leaving enough slack for opening the door. Ran the cable into the storage compartment and over to the 12V jack. Works pretty well--I caught this Ford GT last month:

JB, was that a GT40 back there?

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
JB, was that a GT40 back there?
Yep, that's why I captured that image. I've seen some pretty cool and rare vehicles while driving the RAV.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Neat. I'll try your method. So handy that the 12v is incredibly close.

Sent from my HTC_E9pw using Tapatalk
You want to make sure it's mounted at the top of the wiper "arc" so that the rear wiper can clean the glass in front of the lens. My dashcam came with little sticky-backed wire clips so I used those to run the power cable across and down the window frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts