Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm addicted to Toyotas. While I've been away, went to Subaru Forester when CR removed it's recommendation on the 2014 Rav4 because of crash tests. After my 3 year lease was up, I came back to Toyota and purchased a 2017 Rav4 AWD limited--silver. This is the vehicle I wanted back in 2014. Could not be happier. If fact, because Toyota was doing great deals in my area, I purchased a 2017 Camry Hybrid for my wife and she could not be happier. I am known as toysareus on another forum because of my addiction to Toyota with my 2005 Tacoma. I had it for 7 years and to this day, regret selling her. I love doing mods and adding accesseries. In case you were wondering, before 2005, I purchased Hondas. The Honda dealership in my area sucks. During my mid-life crises, I did buy a 2013 mustang GT, but only kept it for a year. I guess my crisis was short lived.:surprise. Hopefully I'll find some time to post some pics. With the fall of photobucket, I hope to find a reliable place to post pics. Thanks for letting me babble. Oh and BTW, no one can beat toyotas reliability.

Bill

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome, Bill. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did the Subaru compare to the Rav ?
Remember I only settled for the forester. It was not my first or second choice. That is why I did a 3 year lease. The good news was it did great in snow. it also had eyesight. Eyesight didn't work as well. It was tempermental-if you were heading toward the sun, it didn't work. Also, sometimes it didn't work when you would get a glare from any source. The lane change BS was two sensitive and was always telling me I was out of lane. The BIG issue was it used two quarts of oil between oil changes (6 months). That was unexceptable to me, but Subaru said it was normal. It wasn't leaking nor did it seem to burn it? Where did all that oil go? Also, the dealership sucks, Subaru forums are not like Toyota-in that-Toyota forums are more like family.

I haven't had my Rav for the winter yet so I can't compare. The Toyota system is better than eyesight. And lane departure warning is better-not as sensitive. I am very very happy with my Rav4. Just try and take it from my cold dead hands>:D I hope I was able to answer your question? And if you can guess where my two quarts of oil went to every 6 months, please tell me. Subaru can't.

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The catalytic converter will burn most if not all oil a vehicle is using and you'll never see blue smoke coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still two quarts of oil in 6 months is too much. One thing I forgot about the Forester is that they had to change the battery in the first year-under warranty. The stealer ship just told me at the time, that Subarus are well known for draining the battery. I never heard that before, so they could be BSing me. Also, I did have to change the OE tires as they were poor in the snow. But that's probably true for most new cars.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts