Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Usually or at least in the past I always bought a stripped down model. Example my 1998 Suberu Brighton (cheapest outback), only options was Automatic and yes a velvet lined ash tray..... There has been times when I order cars from the factory and did not even want air conditioning as in my 1978 Grand Prix.... Well in 2002 that changed when I got my 2001 Dodge Dakota, and Now with my 2006 RAV4 Base V6. Yes I got no big ticket items except the V6, however I like a few things, that probably you all take for granted. To me its the small things that make up the car. Some of the small things I like about the RAV4 is the following:

:D 2 Glove boxes
:eek: Spare Tire in the back (I realized there has been discussion on that, but after having a truck with the spare underneath and trying to get it out on the shoulder of the road I appreciate its location.)
8) storage space
:roll: I know this was discussed, but the cup holders got to go
:eek: I like like having 2 trip milage gauges Maybe someone could tell me what I am missing from having a trip computer as they call it.
:shock: I do miss what my truck had and thats door locks after going 15 miles per hour.
:cry: My really big complaint is the basic radio package (which I have) should sound better. Does anyone know a cheap way of upgrading without changing the radio and CD? ((I like the big buttons))
:? Strange, my truck was the biggest engine 4.7 I had in my life time, now I have a 3.5 L engive V6 which has 40 more horsepower and about 25 more torque. Believe me I am NOT complaining.
:?: What is that black stuff on the window thats by the rear view mirror....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
rcycholl wrote:
My really big complaint is the basic radio package (which I have) should sound better. Does anyone know a cheap way of upgrading without changing the radio and CD? ((I like the big buttons))
Cheapest way without changing anything probably would have been to get the JBL upgrade when you ordered your vehicle.:shrug:

OC

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeriousBlack said:
velvet lined ashtray? :lol:
:?

:? Yes a velvet lined astray. A $17 dollar option. Why? I do not know why... Since I don't smoke it carried change.....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well if you have a trip computer that shows instantaneous MPG and you pay attention to it for a while you will probably pay for it 5 times over in saved gas as it will get you driving with a light foot. The rest of the features are nice to have.
If you want to add a nice one to your RAV4 and also get other info. and fault info etc. look up SCANGAUGE 2.
Have fun with your RAV4!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OCInsomniac said:
rcycholl wrote:
My really big complaint is the basic radio package (which I have) should sound better. Does anyone know a cheap way of upgrading without changing the radio and CD? ((I like the big buttons))
Cheapest way without changing anything probably would have been to get the JBL upgrade when you ordered your vehicle.:shrug:

OC
:roll: Actually I had about 6 V6s on the lot to choose from, and other dealers had more V6s to choose from. I test drove some of them asked questions and stupid me did not check out the radio. All I want is the base radio with the single CD, but if I checked it out I would have looked at others..... Oh well live and learn

·
Registered
264 Posts
The "Front passenger occupant classification system" which automatically detects adult/child/unoccupied condition and activates/deactives the appropriate airbag(s) and front seat belt pretensioners. Very helpful :!: (Manual Page 81-)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The cheapest way of upgrading without changing the radio and CD is to change out those cheap $5 factory speakers. If you have any cash left after that, add a amp.

Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts