Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been emailed by some member of the forum and others. Regarding the intake scoop that a lot of members of the forum have. I just did it, "My Way" :wink: But never took pictures of it. It isn't pretty, but it works for me. i use epoxy and screws, some mesh and the scoop. works excellent. It gives a shoot of cold air to the filter and to the throttle body. The pipe is the bull bar.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
post picture of inside engine I am also thinking of doing this pero u know i get to it when ever

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mensa, what did you use to make the scoop? I'm planning on yanking out my spash guard so I can re-do the intake so it looks more professional.

Your bull bar looks pristine. Mine is all rusted form years of snow and road salt.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
J-san said:
Mensa, what did you use to make the scoop? I'm planning on yanking out my spash guard so I can re-do the intake so it looks more professional.

Your bull bar looks pristine. Mine is all rusted form years of snow and road salt.
I just bought a NACA scoop. It's very inexpensive, about 15.00. It works well as long as the fresh air is taken from the front of the vehicle. Sucking up hot air from the engine bay isn't very practical. But the setup that I was advice takes in cold fresh air directly into the throttle body. I already have the DEI to wrap the rest of the intake for even more protection from the heat. Every little bit helps. :wink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cool. Where did you buy it? I looked around at local auto parts stores and didn't find anything like it.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J-san said:
Cool. Where did you buy it? I looked around at local auto parts stores and didn't find anything like it.
Here is the link. As you can see, they sell the hose also. Pricey though. I just went to my local Home Depot and bought a 3" Landry hose. But you have to re-enforce it with Duct Tape. It rips easy. But with the tape it works fine. Why it rips? Well, you are going to have a lot of air rushing directly into the throttle body. As soon as you step on the gas, you will feel the pull. But, not always you are at full throttle. So it tends to rip the hose. But with the Duct tape it will be fine. Because of this you will feel more torque. Just let the computer do its job.

http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=ducting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts