Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

[Jalopnik] Toyota's Little Brother To The RAV4 Has A Funny Name

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ravvydoog19 
#1 ·
[Jalopnik] Toyota's Little Brother To The RAV4 Has A Funny Name

It’s not supposed to be shown until its reveal in Japan next month, but that leaky, leaky internet has dripped out pictures of Toyota’s new Daihatsu Rocky-based small SUV, the 2020 Toyota Raize. It’s based on Daihatsu’s version of Toyota’s modular platform (DNGA instead of TNGA and I bet you can figure out what the initials mean) and, being small but useful, it’s not going to be sold here in America.

The name “Raize” is also the Latvian word for worries or concerns, though I suspect that’s not what Toyota’s brand people had in mind.
The little SUV is very close to the Daihatsu Rocky just shown at the Tokyo Motor Show, and appears to share almost all body panels save for the front and rear fascias, lights, and other easily-swapped styling details.

More content to be found at the original Jalopnik blog article...

See less See more
#2 ·
Toyota used to have one called Rush. It looked like a baby RAV4, even had the spare tire on the back. Never sold it here.

#4 ·
I would buy something like this!! Smaller than the Rav, hybrid and AWD. Maybe for the next CH-R Toyota will bring an AWD and hybrid version. That would definitely make me stay with the Toyota brand if it looked good and was priced well. Something that has character like the Corolla XSE hatch, but in a hybrid and AWD. Sign me up!

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.