Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

anyone have these on? I am trying to make up my mind to weather spend 200 on cheap bar or 600 on these jaos ones... please if you have them or know where there is a picture of 01-03 rav with them please please post a picture...

I've seen a 05 with them and they look great on 05...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I really like the look of that one too, but yes, it's VERY pricey. I haven't decided what to do about that problem either!

Becky

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jaos bar

I realy liked this one as well it puts the protection where its needed, not just in the center. Realy a big deturant for the non-parkers when they see it too, but like you said the price is realy up there. So I paid a visit to a local welding and fab. shop, it was finished in 2 days looks identical same material and 1/4 the price.
I will try and get pictures posted

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaos Pics

Here are 2 pictures of the Jaos skid plate on my 2001 Rav4.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang nice pictures convolushun .... do you have more picture :D I'm very tempted... maybe a 45 degree picture... on my your rav looks so sexy

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DARKCLOUD if you post your picture that'll be great too...

and becky haha, if you want to buy one for your 05 do you want to switch skid plate? 05 has slanted lots while 02 have horizontal slots, and since your grill is horizontal and my grill is slanted it'll match both of our car what do you say...

and here's a pic of my car with slanted slots

and a picture of becky's sexy blue rav
(hum sorry can't find it >_< )

PhotoChopped...

what do you thinK?

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL Ultima! I see what you mean about the slots though. If only I could afford to buy one! I'm looking at this summer as the soonest I'll be able to pick that up. :( Too much other stuff going on between now and then, including a trip to Indy for the Star Wars convention (RICKY'S fault, this is NOT my idea...say YES to sci fi, say NO to the Star Wars corporate machine!), a possible trip to Memphis as Ricky's grandpa is pretty sick, and at least one U2 concert. On the upside, both of the trips involve the Rav, and the U2 concert(s) will be via train. :)

I've got a couple pics in the new R4W Albums, and also the new Rav is listed as Gallery #415. :D I've gotta get busy with the camera and get some more pics posted in the Albums. She's a '04 not '05, BTW.

Becky

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am not really into chromy accessories. Makes the ride look ... oh well :roll: . Anyways, does anyone know if these skid plates are available in flat black?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RAV42NER said:
Am not really into chromy accessories. Makes the ride look ... oh well :roll: . Anyways, does anyone know if these skid plates are available in flat black?
I would like a black one as well. Hey what package Rav4 is yours. You've done a couple mods.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one is 2002's Package E. Only did some cosmetic mods. Toyota's front bumper overrider, EGR's rear wind deflector, Kenwood active subwoofer, Questar in-dash DVD player with monitor, Passport cordless radar detector, Wayfinder digital compass, Niken grill, Niken shiftknob, Niken handbrake cover, Niken discs, Niken pedals, , BASF leather seatcovers, aftermarket gas door plate and tailpipe.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like your active sports front... maybe i'll get that instead lol... hum how much did you pay?

and I like your PDA set-up... I was thinking about mounting my treo the way you did yours but decide to buy some LCD monitors so I can plug my computer and gaming systems to the car... it's just a pain to load movies into PDA...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The original front bumper overrider (as they call it) costs approx USD450. There's a cheaper/imitated version of it which costs less than USD100. Same in all aspects except that the cheaper one uses lighter material (thinner fiberglass).

The PDA. I took it off couple of months ago as I got myself an in-dash DVD player. A gift from the wify! I still carry my PDA still though for navigation purposes. Nope. It doesn't have a GPS but I have the maps downloaded in Microsoft's website. Works for me. Will work for all of us as well. I get all the details but of course not the actual/current location where am at. It's just like a digital mapbook :lol:

Also, loading movies into PDA is not as hard. Would you believe I have a bunch of Simpson's episode in just 1G flashcard? :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RAV42NER said:
The original front bumper overrider (as they call it) costs approx USD450. There's a cheaper/imitated version of it which costs less than USD100. Same in all aspects except that the cheaper one uses lighter material (thinner fiberglass).

The PDA. I took it off couple of months ago as I got myself an in-dash DVD player. A gift from the wify! I still carry my PDA still though for navigation purposes. Nope. It doesn't have a GPS but I have the maps downloaded in Microsoft's website. Works for me. Will work for all of us as well. I get all the details but of course not the actual/current location where am at. It's just like a digital mapbook :lol:

Also, loading movies into PDA is not as hard. Would you believe I have a bunch of Simpson's episode in just 1G flashcard? :lol:

Your profile says 2003 so is it 2003 or 2002?
Where did you get your chrome exhaust tiip? I want one like that fo rmine. Do you have the cheaper or more expensiver overrider and where did you get yours? Thanks bud.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good catch! I always miss that. It's a late 2002 model. The one I got is the cheaper one. It fits perfectly fine and looks exactly the same. You know how fiberglass manufacturing is right. Negative then positive moulding. So resultant is exactly the same as the original. I installed it myself and didn't had a single problem. Took me an hour and a half as I had to remove the grill, metal insert, and front bumper. Drilling holes in the bumper is easy as there are already marked guides. I got this in the Philippines. I usually go back home every year and bring to Canada accessories, not just for myself but for my friends as well. It is way cheaper there as it is closer to Japan, Taiwan and China where most of them are manufactured.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RAV42NER said:
Good catch! I always miss that. It's a late 2002 model. The one I got is the cheaper one. It fits perfectly fine and looks exactly the same. You know how fiberglass manufacturing is right. Negative then positive moulding. So resultant is exactly the same as the original. I installed it myself and didn't had a single problem. Took me an hour and a half as I had to remove the grill, metal insert, and front bumper. Drilling holes in the bumper is easy as there are already marked guides. I got this in the Philippines. I usually go back home every year and bring to Canada accessories, not just for myself but for my friends as well. It is way cheaper there as it is closer to Japan, Taiwan and China where most of them are manufactured.
When is the next time you are going up? Is there any way that you could possibly hook me up to as well =) Does Philippines get all toyota JDM stuff as well? I want that black/blue leather seats looking seats and a bunch of other stuff.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am going either March or July. I may not be able to bring in the overrider for you as am bringing in rims this time. But I can surely hook you up with other smaller, lighter stuff. Just let me know what specific item you are looking for. By the way, custom leather seats costs approx USD100 for the whole set. Am not sure if RAVs in the Philippines originally got all JDM stuff. What am sure of is that there are a lot of stores carrying JDM stuffs. Not just for Toyota. You name it, they surely have it. Haha! By the way, where in Canada (Ey!) are you?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RAV42NER said:
Am going either March or July. I may not be able to bring in the overrider for you as am bringing in rims this time. But I can surely hook you up with other smaller, lighter stuff. Just let me know what specific item you are looking for. By the way, custom leather seats costs approx USD100 for the whole set. Am not sure if RAVs in the Philippines originally got all JDM stuff. What am sure of is that there are a lot of stores carrying JDM stuffs. Not just for Toyota. You name it, they surely have it. Haha! By the way, where in Canada (Ey!) are you?
I am on Vancouver Island and I might be moving to Vancouver within a year. What about smaller parts like the chrome tail lights, handles, etc..? How much do you think it might cost to ship an overrider from Phillipines?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't tried shiiping an item from back home but I'll try to ask around. Or, if you can wait for another year, I can bring that in for you :) Chrome stuff. They can be bought separately or in a complete set. The complete set includes taillight covers, headlight covers, door handle covers and gas tank cover. There's a couple other items included which I find no use. Something for a small front fender side light. They costs USD100 last year. Could be a little higher this time. Cheap ey! Buying them separately doesn't make sense as you'll end up paying more. That I can hook you up when I go back home this July. Yah, it's final. Am leaving July.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RAV42NER said:
I haven't tried shiiping an item from back home but I'll try to ask around. Or, if you can wait for another year, I can bring that in for you :) Chrome stuff. They can be bought separately or in a complete set. The complete set includes taillight covers, headlight covers, door handle covers and gas tank cover. There's a couple other items included which I find no use. Something for a small front fender side light. They costs USD100 last year. Could be a little higher this time. Cheap ey! Buying them separately doesn't make sense as you'll end up paying more. That I can hook you up when I go back home this July. Yah, it's final. Am leaving July.
Do you know if the chrome pieces are genuine JDM or the cheap ones made in China? There is some made in China that are horrible quality. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The one I saw is made in Taiwan. Quality is good as finishings are. Am planning on getting just the tallight and headlight cover for myself and paint them flat black.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts