Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like my friend in Japan came thru. My Japanese version of the bumper protector is on it's way and with any luck, I should have it by the end of this week. Dunno what the cost is since he refuses to tell me! It's satin stainless steel and should go nicely with the black paint and according to the dealer the lip will come very close to but will not touch the back-up sensors (sent come close up pictures of the rear with the sensors and approximate measurements in milimeters. The dealer told my friend (who is Japanese) that anything I want, to just call them (yup, I speak fluent nihongo). Man will I have some 'fun" when I visit there this fall :shock: :D :lol: :wink: since I'll be in Sendai City and that's where the dealer is! Will probably go broke! Will post some pics as soon as I get it. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup that's it. What ya think? Ya think that would look good on a black Limited? :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mailman left me a little notice today about a package from Japan! Will be picking it up tomorrow and once installed, will take some pictures..... :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
progun said:
mailman left me a little notice today about a package from Japan! Will be picking it up tomorrow and once installed, will take some pictures..... :D
Get a better deal than newtoyotaparts.com? :?:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flyingn said:
the only thing that would concern me is that if you happen to drop something on it while loading or unloading it will ding.
Good point. I rather have protection than looks. I ordered the one from Ebay. Did you do anything to protect your bumper?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true. As for it dinging up the plastic will take a little more beating than the stainless but anything will mar. The stainless steel is very thick and offers looks and a good level of protection. I use the cargo area for trasnsporting firearms, target stands, groceries, etc and use my pickup truck for the real heavy stuff. I don't expect to be dragging things across the rear bumper. As I said in an earlier post, the Ebay model's lip is too large and it covers my back up sensors. As for cost, it was 12720 Yen which is $111.00 us. Sure more expensive but alot cheaper than the $169.00 plus shipping than Carson City Toyota hits you for and I get it in 5 days. it came in today and I'll post pics when it's installed. :D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
yes I put on the 'group buy' bigger plastic one from here and it fit and protects nice..
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3303

etop said:
flyingn said:
the only thing that would concern me is that if you happen to drop something on it while loading or unloading it will ding.
Good point. I rather have protection than looks. I ordered the one from Ebay. Did you do anything to protect your bumper?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the japanese bumper protector installed too. Great contrast with my car as mine's black.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed mine today (I also have a black limited). It really does look nice :D ! Matter of fact I have to wear 8) when it's out in the sun. It was simple to install and took about 10 minutes. I let it bake in the sun for about 20 minutes (the instructions said to use a hair dryer to set the two sided tape) and made sure it was down good and in place. I had to go shopping later on in the afternoon and two 2006 RAV4 owners came up to me asking where they could get one. As usual, the workmanship on it is perfect. :D Will post some pictures tomorrow.... :thumbs_up:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't wait until we see some pics! I wonder if this can be placed on top of the bumper protector I already have.... the black step up one.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm don't know.....You probably can but don;t know for sure. I've posted some picutures on another thread..... :?:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts