Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, well after buying another jap spec RAV 4L in Cyprus, I am wanting to replace my cd player. It is a genuine Toyota Japan CD, MD player, TV Tuner, Radio And SAT NAV. Only trouble is it is all in JAPANESE :roll: !!

so here comes the bit for you forum guys: Can anybody give either a contact or a good website where i can sell this satnav to a Japanese Lad or laddess, so ican replace it with something else? be a shame to scrap it as it is pretty "Bling" :lol:
or...
is their someone who can fiddle with the electronics to make it talk and display english???????

cheers!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The only thing I can think of is ebay. You can either sell it in the Japanese section or just in the UK and just list the item as ALL IN JAPANESE or something, so there won't be any trouble with buyers. Hope that helped. Good luck.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen europe spec ones going for £500 sterling on ebay, so i am gonna say offer around the £250 english pounds mark. I just need to replace it, so 250 will get me enough to put a decent head unit in. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Comes with the Japanese Map DVD ROM as well.
pictures can be supplied!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also can you type the information found on your DVD?

for example :

86271-33041
464210-0460
DATA Ver.04.1

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. it doesnt play movies, at all. (dvd slot is for map dvd's only)
2. map dvd info: 86271-44020 86271-70V401A THEN JAPANESE SYMBOLS WITH 2002 IN THE MIDDLE.

3. it also has: TV tuner (only displays with handbrake on)
cd player (bog standard no mp3 etc)
MD player slot (not tested as i don't have any!)
Radio

4. Things i have found out about it on the net: ( not sure if accurate)
europe satnav DVD will not work in it
radio is fitted with fm converter for europe fm radio (higher freqs)
nobody seems certain it can have it's language changed.

if you would like to see pics, i can email them :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just wondering if you got my email? i use hotmail and sometimes it gets blocked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts