Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I just found clear jdm tail lights on eBay, does anyone here have them? I tried searching here but didn't find anything regarding these. Please post some pics so we can see how they look. I'm thinking of getting them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look really hot!

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean about the "JDM" thing, I just use the term cause everyone else on here does too. Should I use google translate to check out the link you posted?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know what you mean about the "JDM" thing, I just use the term cause everyone else on here does too. Should I use google translate to check out the link you posted?

Google chrome translates in browser automatically if you have that, or use bablefish for webpages.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only problem is I don';t know the model number of my rav4 for Japan, is it aca36 or 31? I have a 2011. I wish I had a japanese friend!

Reactions: andy62743

·
Super Moderator
11,014 Posts
They're pretty damned proud of them :eek:. I thought the clear JDM look conked out about ten years ago once every Civic in California had them. :shrug:

·
Registered
357 Posts
They're pretty damned proud of them :eek:. I thought the clear JDM look conked out about ten years ago once every Civic in California had them. :shrug:
I thought the same thing. Funny thing is I only shop on Japanese sites for my parts and never see all clear taillights on the Japanese sites. This has me thinking they dont like them either. And they probably are not made in Japan like they state.

But they do look nice on certain cars. Quality can never be seen from a online photo though.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
One yen is about equivalent to .01 cent US so 7000 yen is $70.00 approx give or take a few bucks.
Hmmm, buy them for $70 for ship 'em for $25 to guys with $484 play money? That would work for me! :)

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone able to fit the clear ones? I'm interested to know if they will fit the facelift model rav4.
All Rav4 tail lights from 2006-12 are the same size and fitting so yes they will fit.

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
8,369 Posts
Do these clear tail lights project white light to the rear while driving? Or only a weak red light? If so they're likely illegal in the U.S. Check DOT standards,and many states specifically prohibit them. One example, from the Texas Dept. of Public Safety:

"Tail Lamp
  • Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two tail lamps, unless vehicle was manufactured prior to 1960, in which case your vehicle is required to be equipped with one (1) tail lamp mounted on the rear which, when illuminated, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts