Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's for about two weeks now that I am struggling with the vehicle. When I switch the ignition to on the engine light don't always come on. When it is off the motor will swing but wont start, but in the same breath-if the enjin light is on the vehicle start and idle very rough with the temp gauge all over the place and engine light flicker in no manner order and dies. What I did now is removed the return diaphragm, blocked the return line and it seems to be idling just fine. The reason why I did this was when I switched the ignition to on and fuel pump bridged I could hear a hissing noise. I followed the noise and realized that it was the return line making noise. Now with the return blocked my engine light comes on every time I switch the ignition to on, and it did not before. Is this a common fault on a 1995 Toyota Rav4 3s-fe and how does it work?
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
What are your OBDII codes. What part of the world are you from? What tranny do you have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there, thank you for the reply.
I did a self diagnostic by jumping TE1 and E1 whereby it indicates that all is fine. Just to inform you that if I switch on the vehicle and enjine light does not show- I dont get any response with the jumpers in place. What I have done now is removed the fuel return diaphragm and restricted the flow to keep pressure. After I have done this the enjine light comes on everytime I switch it on and I can start the vehicle whereby it idle just fine. I am from South Africa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back with great news. While I went through all earth wires, I got a 4 wire earth cable that was not connected. I connected it and all my problems are solved.
Thanks to everybody that helped me with the problem.
God bless and have a great time.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I was just about to suggest the ground wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts