Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Just acquired a 2013 XLE Rav4 yesterday (actually bought it last wednesday and finalized the process yesterday). Exchanged it for a 2014 2 door Wrangler (the Wrangler was actually worth a little more, so I saved on the price). I loved my Wrangler, but with the growing family, needed way more space. I tested Escape, CRV and RAV4 and for the price, preferred the RAV4 comfort/handling, and with Toyota, you rarely go wrong on fiability. Anyway most of my driving on non-paved roads was to get to fishing lakes and hunting spots, and it's roads a normal car can handle, but I needed the space to bring all my gear!

I do have some questions about that vehicle tho
- The dealer told me that in a 2013, they only put Dino oil, and should do the oil change at every 8000 kms (~5k miles). Is it just dealer talk to get me in there more often or I can put synthetic oil in it and make my oil changes at longer intervals (don't understand why synthetic won't work, but dealer was 100% confident that you never put synthetic in a 2013). If I can put synthetic, do I have to use 0w-20 like for Dino oil (that's what is written on the oil cap)?

- Forgot to ask dealer about this one, for the 2 inlets in front bumper to screw the towing eyelet, where would I find the eyelet in the RAV4 (to be sure I have it if needed).

- I saw multiple posts when looking to learn more about the vehicle that there is an update for Entune. My screen, does not have the "Apps" button, does that mean I don't have Entune? Will the update work anyway to make the screen more responsive or it won't have any effect? I don't care not having Entune, I just want to know if an update can be installed.

- And for last, can the washer fluid nozzles be re-oriented? Had to use it for the first time today (never occured to me to try them in the test drive) and they spray at the very bottom of the windshield, hard to wash the upper part of the windshield.

Thanks a lot of guys, and I hope to have as mush fun as some of you have in this new to me vehicle!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Welcome! Perhaps a Canadian 4.4 generation RAV owner knows for certain, but the oil recommendation for at least the U.S. 4.4s as I understand it is for synthetic.. Does your Owner's Manual have a specific recommendation?

Hopefully 4.4 owners will be able to answer the other questions. On my 4.3 the windshield washer nozzles spray somewhat lower on the windshield at low vehicle speeds but higher at higher speeds because of the oncoming wind which causes the spray to spray more broadly as its action on the windshield is upward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Perhaps a Canadian 4.4 generation RAV owner knows for certain, but the oil recommendation for at least the U.S. 4.4s as I understand it is for synthetic.. Does your Owner's Manual have a specific recommendation?
I'll look again in the manual tonight, I went through it fast. Maybe I missed that part!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts