Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2007 V6 Limited I bought in February with 73k miles at that time. I've put on about 4000 miles since then. I noticed it was getting noisier, and on this forum I've read about issues with this engine and water pumps.

My neighbor asked me one day about the noise, and that's when I knew there was something going on. He had replaced the water pump on his Dodge Ram pickup a few months ago, and he said my car sounded just like his pickup did.

So it spent Friday in the shop, and now it sounds like a completely different car--like the one I bought a few months ago. The shop said the serpentine belt looked like new, but after reading what many folks here have done, I had them replace it anyway. Did I do the right thing? It was another $60, but it gave me peace of mind.

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
Probably wasted the $60 on the serpentine belt. Two reasons: They usually last forever and they are $15 on Rockauto.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
hi there.

just wanted to mention keep an eye on the coolant level. after that job i had to add more twice before it was finally stable. guessing that there was air in the system after the job.

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
I did the same replacing the belts on both of our cars during water pump replacement. It was well worth the cost to me.

Reactions: Nimbus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts