Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2017 Limited with advanced tech, etc tonight. Electric blue with ash interior, and more options than I cared to pay for. Coming from an Infiniti EX with all the options (except the tech package) I am used to a lot of luxury touches, so I do find a few things I wish the Rav had (REAL leather, adaptive/self leveling headlights, tilt down mirrors, power folding rear seats, power passenger seat, etc) but even so, the Rav is a bit of a technological marvel. I really like adaptive cruise (yeah I know Toyota puts it on base model Corollas), land departure assist, the power hatch (although it is a bit slow), and built in traffic and weather without having to spring for a Sirius subscription. The ride seems really comfortable, quiet and well composed despite the 18 inch wheels (my EX has 19 inchers), and while it ain't gonna attack curvy back roads or blast from a stoplight with the gusto of what is really a raised, 300 hp, sport hatch, in sport mode it should satisfy my occasion need for speed. I look forward to the increased mileage as well, since the EX averages about 18 mpg. I've been thinking since my wife bought her 2012 Camry hybrid that Toyota should put that powertrain in a Rav, and that if they did I would want one. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on the new RAV4. I've only had mine for 5 weeks, also Electric Storm Blue, so far love it. It replaces a 2014 Corolla that my stepson is buying from us. So far I'm getting slightly better MPG than the Corolla on my 12 mile commute to work:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congrats on your new R4H ! I've had mine for 4 months so far and still can't believe how good the fuel economy is. Enjoy and post often!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your RAV4 Hybrid it has been awesome for me so far. I've owned mine for a little over a year a now and put lots of miles on here on my extreme work commutes. Its been the best commuter I've ever had in terms of all around great performance and economy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.

Besides mpg, what else made you decide to replace the Infinity?
It was partly a financial decision. My daughter has been using my old Highlander (2001) with 227k on the clock and eventhough she only would put on a couple of thousand a year we keep sinking cash into keeping the car going. Rather than buy new for my daughter, or lease, since she probably will be going to Med School next year (quite likely in a city where having a car makes no sense) I get the new car and pass my high mileage EX (108k) to her, where it will get little use, allowing same age peers to catch up mileage wise. Besides, as shown by the Highlander, Toyota reliability is hard to beat. It also annoys me to enrich the domestic oil barons and OPEC any more than necessary. I live in New England so AWD is a valued feature, and I tow (kayaks in summer, snowmobiles in winter), otherwise I might seriously consider a Prius Prime, which I think is a really cool vehicle. The Highlander hybrid is too expensive and the vehicle too big. I think a RAV is closer in size to the original Highlander, and likely is more nimble, fun to drive, and of course, gets better MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts