Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any else ever have the vehicle jolt forward slightly when the ICE turns on while in park? I don't seem to recall this happening in any of my previous (and non hybrid) vehicles. Is it because of the bigger "starter" motor? ( Is that MG1?) I don't imagine its more than a few cm's and it stays stationary; just sort of rolls forward on the wheels a bit I guess.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Any else ever have the vehicle jolt forward slightly when the ICE turns on while in park? I don't seem to recall this happening in any of my previous (and non hybrid) vehicles. Is it because of the bigger "starter" motor? ( Is that MG1?) I don't imagine its more than a few cm's and it stays stationary; just sort of rolls forward on the wheels a bit I guess.
This is normal, as the drive system is transitioning from electric to both electric and ICE. Even in P or N there's still a physical connection between the motors and wheels. The chassis might kind of squat down too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok, that makes sense, I think. As for the park brake, I wasn't aware it should be used every time you park as advised by the article. Have only really used it while parking on hills, or on the few occasions I've wanted to sit in the vehicle with it running for heat purposes and not have the daytime running lights activated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts