Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17,500 miles.
Environment is mostly warm climate [Arizona], garaged parked day & night when not in use.
Has anyone seen the discoloration/fading of the fiber bumper & moldings?
Resembles older vehicle sun bleached molding.
I've used armor all after wash; some areas go away for a week or so but come back, other areas wiped remain sun bleached/faded.
Haven't taken it to dealer yet but will soon and if no joy will require Toyota Rep handle. [I've had luck having the dealer set up for Toyota rep to review and decide or forward up their engineering chain.

See the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
17,500 miles.
Environment is mostly warm climate [Arizona], garaged parked day & night when not in use.
Has anyone seen the discoloration/fading of the fiber bumper & moldings?
Resembles older vehicle sun bleached molding.
I've used armor all after wash; some areas go away for a week or so but come back, other areas wiped remain sun bleached/faded.
Haven't taken it to dealer yet but will soon and if no joy will require Toyota Rep handle. [I've had luck having the dealer set up for Toyota rep to review and decide or forward up their engineering chain.

See the photo.
It's a little hard to make out the exact area your referring to from the picture, but I think I know what your talking about. I have one small area on the lower front bumper on the drivers side that also appears to be a bit faded vs. the rest of the bumper. I tried a few trim dressing and initially had no luck (I like the dark, satin, semi-wet look on my exterior trim). I'm a detailing enthusiast and have a bunch of products and have found the Adams tire shine to work really well. A little goes a long way. Obviously, this doesn't fix the underlying issue of why the trim has a faded spot in the first place, but is a good quick fix.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
415 Posts
A pricey alternative, you can try using some ceramic coat on the black trim. A few videos out there if you search “ceramic coat plastic trim”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A pricey alternative, you can try using some ceramic coat on the black trim. A few videos out there if you search “ceramic coat plastic trim”.
Thanks, & I will try it.
Still, never had this before with any of my Toy models going back to early '90s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts