Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 RAV4, do I need to setup the TPMS? Or is it already set? Also do I need to reset this each time I put air in the tires or how does that work? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Hi and welcome!

TPMS is set up already, however, if you adjust the air pressure in your tires then you should push the reset button as per the owners manual.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
If not already done when you brought your RAV home, check the tire pressures while they are cold, preferably first thing in in the morning before moving your RAV, since the pressure is set at 40 psi at the factory for shipping purposes and dealers sometimes overlook this in dealer prep. Ordinarily you should not need to be concerned about the TPMS unless your tire pressure goes below about 28 psi, and ordinarily it's not necessary to reset the system when adding air.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my rav4 3 months ago and it did not have a reset button for the sensors. Dealer sad this is normal now. Mine is the Japanese built.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I got a '15 XLE in January, also from Japan and it has a TPMS reset button under the steering column.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts