Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Purchased a 2005 Rav4 from a Used car dealership and was wandering about a few things I've Noticed.
-First of all, My vehicles doesn't have a Trac Off Button. Is that normal?
-On a similar note, I was removing the Optional Switch Covers to see how much room I have behind for my own wiring and noticed that two of the panels have Wire harnesses attached to them? what do they go to. (picture D)
-In the engine compartment there is a component Missing. My father and I believe this was for the Cruise Control but that this model has a different setup and does not need that part there (cruise control does work) (picture A and Picture B).
-Lastly I was looking at the interior fuses and noticed a connector not connected to anything..and an empty slot (not Compatible with unused connector) Is this standard. What is this for? (picture C)
Thanks in advance for the help. I am really excited to make this car my own with my own minor modifications.

picture D
i.imgur.com/Z99om4Q.jpg
picture C
i.imgur.com/icYAhWs.jpg
picture B
i.imgur.com/XYhLKfh.jpg
Picture A
i.imgur.com/biL3T97.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your pictures aren't working for me. I can answer the question about the Trac Off button though. Some (or maybe a lot) of this generation did not have traction control, mine included, so I would say that is 100% normal.
copy the links in your address bar for it to open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it Wouldn't let me post the links so you have to copy them into the address bar.
I do have a trac vsc light on my dash (which is currently on), so i assumed it had it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hmm, ok I'm not sure about the trac vsc then. My guess about the connectors in picture C is that they are likely for optional seat heaters. There were a lot of different options for these vehicles, but Toyota put all the wiring in for everything in most cases, so there is a lot of extra stuff not being used in some models. As for pictures A and B, I probably wouldn't worry about that since they are a completely different engine, I don't know if you can really compare that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As the guy above said, the missing switches are for heated seats and the headlight washer. Furthest left and right would be seats and the cable in slot two from the left is headlight washer

Trac Off Button isnt an option on the 4wd only the 2wd. The wiring is there and you can connect the switch from the 2wd but the ECU doesn't respond to it.(Someone else on this forum did it). The only way to disable the stability control is to plug the yaw control sensor, under the handbrake console. This will take the ABS off as well.

I have a 2005 model and i have the empty mount. My car is 2 owners from new and full Toyota dealer servicing. I would assume what ever it was wasn't needed on the 2005 model and never fitted

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really wish the traction control could be disabled without losing ABS. At least until I can figure out why VSC intervenes on the highway for no reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts