Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot decide between the blue and the grey. Help!!
Overall, I think I like the blue better, but..
- I've always wanted a grey car.
- The blue is really bright.. and stands out a lot.
- Will I get tired of the brightness of the blue in 2 years?
- The blue is all over the place. There are probably 10 blue ones in a 50 mile radius that meet the options I'm looking for, but only a couple grey..
(Dealer told me toyota is really pushing the blue..)
- Will there be a LOT of blue's around?

They grey seems sophisticated and more grown up, but the blue seems fun. I just worry it's too much and/or that there will be too many of the blue's on the road

Now.. if only they had done the black currant in the Hybrid.. I would have been sold already, lol. :laugh

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
It depends on where you live. Above the Mason-Dixon line, choose blue. Below the line, you gotta go with grey.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You can have any colors you want if you're willing to look for them. Your dealer can grab one from the supply chain, or bring it in from another dealer. Or just go to another dealer yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. The hybrid doesn't come in black current... So that's out.. And I'm hoping to lease by the end of Thursday.. So that doesn't leave much wiggle room for getting one from a different location and ordering one is out, since I was told it would take 6-8 weeks..
Plus I still can't choose between blue and grey. :p
I'm hoping for a limited hybrid with ash seats and the upgraded sound system but not not the full tech package.. Seems hard to find. :)
I'll probably end up with blue with whole tech package because it is easier to get a hold of in such a short time span.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And you really can't wait longer? I just want you to be happy with your new car because we're paying a lot and we (buyers) should be able to get exactly want we deserve.

I had to wait several weeks for a white with black interior but I'm so glad I was patient otherwise I would have had to settle for a silver (only version on the lot).

·
Registered
64 Posts
We got white. Cooler in the summer here in the South, better visibility to others on the road. Plus it's more neutral, less likely to get tired of it. Metallic gray would be my second choice on that last point.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I got silver solely because it hides scratches etc the best. My 2.5 year old red xle had several very noticeable scratch marks from other jerks doors etc. Not one mark on it was from me, but they still happen. I doubt any of them would be even noticeable on the silver but stood out like a sore thumb on the red. I would have loved the grey color though, but again same problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Old fart here and have owned many cars over the many decades. I've had more comments on the blue colour, all really liking it than all the other cars I owned combined. And.... its so easy to find in a parking lot, with silver or grey you'll be looking for your R4H all day in a big lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the opinions! I do like both colors. My biggest issue with the blue is that they really seem to be pushing the blue around here.. I've seen several on the road around here as well.
For now, I've decided on the grey, however, it seems that it will be hard to get a hold of. I will most likely need to do dealer swap to get one..
So depending on how much my dealership is willing to negotiate price-wise and availability.. I may just end up with a blue one that they have in stock.
Wish me luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts