Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it in canada, 140,000km (86000miles) for $12000(9000usd)

1. Does anyone know if the canadian rav4 sport with the tire mounted on the rear door comes with runflat tires or normal tires? If you dont know, is there an easy way to tell?

2. I believe these come with 18" Alloys, can i just use 16" rims for winter or would it be better to use 17" or 18" ..looking for experiences with people that have done this with my model, not really car diy savvy so dont want any complications :(

3. Theres quite a(subjective, ill post pictures on saturday) bit of rust, under and even some on suspension, is this a big deal? and is it worth it to start rustproofing now?

4. Any cool mods i can do? gotta do the steering wheel audio control mod but need to find the part for under $100 in canada.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
1 the only rav4 to get run flat tires is the sap model (no spare on rear door)...all others including sport models had regular tires...

2 16 inch wheels have been used by some for snow tires and some 3rd Gen ravs even came with them...you will want to keep the overall diameter as close to the stock wheels as you can...

3 a little rust on the underside is nothing to worry about...take care of it if you plan to keep the rav for a long time tho...

4 tons of cool mods can be done...start looking thru threads and you will see plenty....

Welcome to the party....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts