Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally got my Hybrid yesterday - been on order since february! Absolutely loving it as an upgrade to my 14 plate 2.4 Diesel Rav.

That said, I have a question. I was one of the lucky few to grab a Auto folding mirror unit from optimal-choice.com before they disappeared off the planet.

It plugs in-line through the ODB port and into also into the back of the mirror folding switch control unit.

Totally plug and play and never had a problem. Until I tried to put it in the new car, to which it just isn't working at all.

I would have imagined the cables would have been the same but it appears not so my question is, with relation to those 2 components, does anyone know any differences in the wiring that I could possibly modify the unit to compensate for?

Fingers x for a genius here ;)

Thanks,

·
Registered
124 Posts
If they plug into the OBD-II diagnostic port then it depends on whether the body control module sends the commands to the mirrors to fold or not. It may be that this PID doesn't exist on the RAV4 you're working on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm appreciate the reply.

As far as I understand, the module that I'm putting in only gets power, lock and ignition signals via the OBD, and then it transmits the open/close signal to the mirror control switch.

Frustrating to say the least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts