Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just went ahead and did the update w/out phone connected. It did it, no problem, and took maybe 5 seconds to download and a minute or so to actually install.

For some reason, it does state that it can incur charges on you data plan which implies you need cell service either on your vehicle's hardware, or via connected phone. This maybe because this is bundled into the complimentary safety connect service, which I think is two years, and you'll have to pay for service after that elapses. Total conjecture on my part at the moment, but too lazy and don't care enough at the moment to look it up. For now it just works.

And I have no idea what this update did as I don't use any of the apps. The only thing I'll care about is them back fitting android auto into the system. I would like to have google maps or whatever on the display vs scout gps.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I too got the entune OTA update prompt on my 2019 RAV4.

After downloading and installing though I am still on same version 1005.

According to the May 15, 2019 Rev1 T-SB-0143-18.pdf attached I grabbed off of TIS site my Pioneer 7 inch w/DCM still requires an update to 1008.

Seems a trip into the service dept will be needed in order to grab the 17TDT0NA-EA36_1008 file required loaded onto flash drive to get 1008 actually installed...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Just did and installed update yesterday and ever since when we go to app screen we get a spinning progress wheel then finally shows apps greyed out and unclickable. Any thoughts?
Do a hard reboot by holding the volume knob in until the screen comes back on, that fixes issues sometimes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Must be different for the Canadian ones. I was at version 1102 before the update and the same after the update.
What type of head unit does your RAV4 have installed?

This specific TSB only applies to Pioneer head units. I have a Pioneer AVH-6788 head unit installed in my Japan-built XLE.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I too got the entune OTA update prompt on my 2019 RAV4.
After downloading and installing though I am still on same version 1005.
. . .
According to the May 15, 2019 Rev1 T-SB-0143-18.pdf attached I grabbed off of TIS site my Pioneer 7 inch w/DCM still requires an update to 1008.

Seems a trip into the service dept will be needed in order to grab the 17TDT0NA-EA36_1008 file required loaded onto flash drive to get 1008 actually installed...
I'm confused. Did this thread switch gears with this post? I thought the original thread was regarding an update of the Entune suite of apps as prompted on-screen every time you restarted the vehicle. This post seems to apply to an update of the Entune operating systen itself. Do I have that right?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Must be different for the Canadian ones. I was at version 1102 before the update and the same after the update.

If your version shows 1102, you more than likely have the Denso-Ten head unit installed in your RAV4.

Seems there was another TSB (attached) issued for your specific head unit and there has been an upgrade to version 1159 since the beginning of April according to this TSB.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Toyota service dept to upgrade either the Pioneer or Denso-Ten head units up to these later versions yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just checked my firmware (Canadian Limited hybrid trim) and it's already at 1159 firmware. However, I still get a message popping up about a failed update. I'll try to take a photo of the error screen the next time it pops up.

Also, I'm an iOS user and I have Toyota Entune iOS app loaded. Sometimes Entune complains it can't start the Entune App Suite and when I unlock my phone, I see a pop up that says something along the line of "Do you want to allow Entune app access..." and I have to press "allow" to continue. Shouldn't this step be automatic once I give the Entune app access? Why does it forget sometimes and I have to manual give access again?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just checked my firmware (Canadian Limited hybrid trim) and it's already at 1159 firmware. However, I still get a message popping up about a failed update. I'll try to take a photo of the error screen the next time it pops up.

Also, I'm an iOS user and I have Toyota Entune iOS app loaded. Sometimes Entune complains it can't start the Entune App Suite and when I unlock my phone, I see a pop up that says something along the line of "Do you want to allow Entune app access..." and I have to press "allow" to continue. Shouldn't this step be automatic once I give the Entune app access? Why does it forget sometimes and I have to manual give access again?
I am having the exact same issue! I haven’t had a chance to spend time at the dealer yet. Hope someone has an idea what is going on!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Forgot I posted in this thread as well. This is the error message I keep getting every now and then (I didn't get any for a few days but then today it started again). Is this a firmware issue and I need to get the firmware flashed or is this a bug and I need to bring it to a dealership to get it fixed?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I apologize. Attached is the proper Canada market TSB showing avail of 1159...
Cool, thanks for the info.

Too bad we are still in a world that this update is not available via a free owners portal or via a OTA process and have to visit a dealer to get. What does the “software update” function on the head unit even do then? Just update the useless Entune apps?

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I have installed the update at least 5 times but the version number never changes and the radio prompts me to update every time I start the car.
That's because you're looking at the firmware version which has nothing to do with the update notice, AFAIK all firmware updates are done by USB/PC download since the 4th gen, the OTA updates are for Entune App Suite and the reminder is a recurring bug, mine's been doing it for the last 6 months!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.