Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the dealer where we ordered a RAV4 Limited V6 FWD.

I've test drove the V6 before and I really like the power that it delivered. I can't get that out of my mind. And today we went back to the dealership to try the I4 after reading all the posts here saying that it has adequate power for daily commute. After driving the V6 and the I4 back-to-back today, I agree that the 2.4L has enough torque to get around town and for daily commute. There's no doubt about that. But it does struggle a bit when immediate power is needed. To be fair, that would be asking too much for an engine that needs to pull so much weight. On the other hand, the V6 is just SWEET!!! And actually, it's my wife who insisted that we get the V6. And another reason that we got the V6 was that there's a car with the color, options and everything we want coming to the dealership and will be ready for pick-up next week. It's being transported on a truct as we speak. :)

We really love how the car looks and all the stuff that it has to offer. We can hardly wait.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wait till you have 5-600 miles on your new RAV, you'll appreciate the V6 that much more. It really really goes I still can't believe it. I honestly think there is nothing I can't beat off the line. OK maybe a Vette, haven't tried it though. Have fun!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
inlets said:
Wait till you have 5-600 miles on your new RAV, you'll appreciate the V6 that much more. It really really goes I still can't believe it. I honestly think there is nothing I can't beat off the line. OK maybe a Vette, haven't tried it though. Have fun!
Oh really. Man, I can't wait 'till the engine is fully broken in.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the dealer tell you how long it will take to get the vehicle. I also want a V6 limited and will have to order it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JGTC-spec said:
...We got a Classic Silver. :)
We just picked up our Classic Silver Limited V6 FWD on the 26th (took about two weeks). Absolutely loving it. The mudguards and SET bumper protector (from DeLand) arrive tomorrow. Clear bra (Roadblock) goes on next week.

Hope you get yours soon!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KarlZuni said:
Did the dealer tell you how long it will take to get the vehicle. I also want a V6 limited and will have to order it.
We were lucky, the dealer had one coming so we asked our sales guy to reserve that. He's a family friend. Anyways, the car arrived on 4/26 and was picked up on 4/28. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ppuder said:
JGTC-spec said:
...We got a Classic Silver. :)
We just picked up our Classic Silver Limited V6 FWD on the 26th (took about two weeks). Absolutely loving it. The mudguards and SET bumper protector (from DeLand) arrive tomorrow. Clear bra (Roadblock) goes on next week.

Hope you get yours soon!
Thanks. Our car now sits in our garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts