Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Picked Up an LE+ Hybrid with XLE Pkg

In Canada we get a group of pre-selected options bundled into a pkg vs the pick and pay system in the States.
I think I did OK price wise - I used a paid service to give me the dealer cost on each of the vehicle + option pkg + freight + PDI etc + extended warranty.
I proceeded to send out an email blast to every Toyota dealer within 50 miles of home that basically stated "Here's the vehicle I want + here's what I am willing to pay - First salesperson to accept my offer, gets my business".
The email responses flooded in and I ended up paying $100 over dealer cost + I got a $500 discount off the ECP.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Interesting, sounds like you did well with that strategy. So with the 'XLE Pkg' does your LE+ model resemble most everything you would get on an XLE only at a lower price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, sounds like you did well with that strategy. So with the 'XLE Pkg' does your LE+ model resemble most everything you would get on an XLE only at a lower price?
The XLE pkg which is $1,500 more than the LE+ adds the following options:
Power Back Door
Power Moonroof
XLE Badging
Blind Spot Monitor
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Chrome Inner Door Handles
Scuff Plates

You can find the model and feature comparison on toyota.ca

·
Registered
324 Posts
Power Back Door
Power Moonroof
XLE Badging
Blind Spot Monitor
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Scuff Plates

That was my second option, I went for the SE for the softex seats and black interior (including roof liner). Looks like your plan worked out well. I absolutely love the Hybrid, it's a great car. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Power Back Door
Power Moonroof
XLE Badging
Blind Spot Monitor
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Scuff Plates

Okay, I see your point of how Toyota Canada just offers a bundle like that rather than slightly more 'cherry picking' of options in the U.S. market. Seems kind of strange they don't just call it an XLE, though.

Thanks for the link, interesting comparo with what I can get here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
In Canada we get a group of pre-selected options bundled into a pkg vs the pick and pay system in the States.
I think I did OK price wise - I used a paid service to give me the dealer cost on each of the vehicle + option pkg + freight + PDI etc + extended warranty.
I proceeded to send out an email blast to every Toyota dealer within 50 miles of home that basically stated "Here's the vehicle I want + here's what I am willing to pay - First salesperson to accept my offer, gets my business".
The email responses flooded in and I ended up paying $100 over dealer cost + I got a $500 discount off the ECP.
Congrats! I would really like to know how much you paid for your XLE, let's say without extended warranty, because I am in the process right now and maybe it could give me an idea of how much I can negociate. You can send me a private message if you don't want to leave any trace here. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! I would really like to know how much you paid for your XLE, let's say without extended warranty, because I am in the process right now and maybe it could give me an idea of how much I can negociate. You can send me a private message if you don't want to leave any trace here. Thanks!
Join carhelpcanada.com (it's $65) you will get the dealer cost for the vehicle + all of the option packages + the extended warranty (aka ECP) - they will give you the name of a local Montreal dealer (I see your profile shows you are in Montreal) who is offering a "no dicker price" - use that as your bench mark i.e. you can always get that deal - and work down from it.

Send out an email blast to every dealership within 50 miles of Montreal offering a price lower than the "no dicker price" deal and watch the replies flood in. In my case - my email said 1st dealership to reply gets my business and I ignored the couple of BS emails I got back that didn't implicitly state that they accepted my offer.
We are in the last week of the month and it's also the last week of the first quarter of the year - IMHO dealerships are looking for one more quick deal to pad their monthly/quarterly sales. One of the criteria of my deal was I had to pick up the vehicle by the end of the week - i.e. they wanted the vehicle off their books immediately. I am under no illusion that the dealership made little on me - ECP is a cash cow with a high percentage of profit for the dealership + they get rebates based on sales volume (from Toyota).

As an FYI if you are considering ECP Platinum - it comes with 3 year maintenance included in the purchase price.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will consider your technique! I am waiting for the VW TDI settlement approval before bying the RAV4 Hybrid. From what I understand after a discussion with one dealer, I think it is possible to have an XLE at the LE+ price (so it's a 1500$ deal). Do you think I can get much more than that from your experience? Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I will consider your technique! I am waiting for the VW TDI settlement approval before bying the RAV4 Hybrid. From what I understand after a discussion with one dealer, I think it is possible to have an XLE at the LE+ price (so it's a 1500$ deal). Do you think I can get much more than that from your experience? Thanks again.
I did way better than XLE at LE+ price.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice!

I just ordered mine last Friday, electric storm blue, same XLE trim. I am hopping to get it before the weekend :)

One of my best friend is commercial director in a dealership so he got me a real nice price (3000 off red tag price + free trunk liner and winter tires on rims)
When VW will buyback my TDI, that's exactly what I will get! But the price I got is good, but not as good... it's like 3000$ less but after taxes. Je vais aller faire un tour à Québec je crois :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts