Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum! My fiancée and I just picked up a 16 RAV4 SE on Monday! The only packages that came with the car were wheel locks and rubber floor mats, otherwise it is a base SE (exactly what we wanted)

Everywhere we read online was that it came with the seat memory function and even if I go to the RAV4 features and do a comparison it shows it as a standard feature..yet we do not have it!

I highly doubt this is something that got overlooked in the factory, was there a check box not checked from the dealer? Does anyone know if it can be added? This is kind of a big deal because I'm tall and she's short so we're always changing up the seats!

Of course with the excitement of getting a new car we overlooked this during delivery.

Any ideas? Even on the configurator if we added the other packages no where does it show it adds seat memory! We are definitely looking at the right area and have looked all over and it's very clear it is not here!

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum! My fiancée and I just picked up a 16 RAV4 SE on Monday! The only packages that came with the car were wheel locks and rubber floor mats, otherwise it is a base SE (exactly what we wanted)

Everywhere we read online was that it came with the seat memory function and even if I go to the RAV4 features and do a comparison it shows it as a standard feature..yet we do not have it!

I highly doubt this is something that got overlooked in the factory, was there a check box not checked from the dealer? Does anyone know if it can be added? This is kind of a big deal because I'm tall and she's short so we're always changing up the seats!

Of course with the excitement of getting a new car we overlooked this during delivery.

Any ideas? Even on the configurator if we added the other packages no where does it show it adds seat memory! We are definitely looking at the right area and have looked all over and it's very clear it is not here!

Thanks!
No where have I seen Toyota stating the power adjustable seat has memory. Where did you see that?
@3PedalMINI
My SE doesn't have it either and the sticker doesn't state that, so I'm guessing Toyota made the change after the brochure was printed. At first, I felt I was duped until I looked at my sticker. If the sticker had stated that our SE came with the memory function, then we have a case with Toyota. I think only the Limited has it. I'm sure if you went to the Parts Department at your dealership, they should be able to find the necessary parts for a DIY. I had a clip break in the rear cargo area and the guy pulled up a schematic for me. I pointed out to him the part that I needed and he ordered for me. Buy at your own risk tho and I doubt there are any install instructions. You can be the first!

@RatRAV
The brochure that I downloaded back in July stated that the 2016 RAV4 SE came with memory function. I just checked a few minutes ago on Toyota.com and the 2016 RAV4 brochure has been updated and now does not show that the SE comes with memory function.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a '16 -SE with Tech package and don't have it. I saw it in the manual, got excited and looked in my car, nothing. I'll have to check the sticker now that ya'll mentioned it, but I'm sure I won't have it...

-Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no option for memory seats in the SE trim level. The only trim level memory seats are available is in the Limited and Limited Hybrid. I am not sure where the OP read it online but I just visited Toyota’s website and it clearly states “not available” when you select the SE trim.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is no option for memory seats in the SE trim level. The only trim level memory seats are available is in the Limited and Limited Hybrid. I am not sure where the OP read it online but I just visited Toyota’s website and it clearly states “not available” when you select the SE trim.
It was in the online brochure in July, but Toyota has since updated it. See my attachment in an earlier post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts