Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had put my name on "the list" at my local dealer. They just called me. I put a deposit down on a Hybrid Limited in the new blue color. It's coming in with all the options including JBL, bird's eye camera, roof racks, bumper applique, etc.

Build date Nov 17, ship date Nov 19, hopeful arrival at dealer Dec 18.

I'm not expecting much of a discount since I'm getting one off the very first truck.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congratulations! That's a pretty color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats! I'm thinking about putting a deposit down too. I'm assuming it's a refundable deposit with no purchase required? Any contract signed? Can you elaborate the details? For example, how does the dealer knows the build date and ship date?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! I'm thinking about putting a deposit down too. I'm assuming it's a refundable deposit with no purchase required? Any contract signed? Can you elaborate the details? For example, how does the dealer knows the build date and ship date?
Hey there,

It was done over the phone. I had contacted the dealership a month or more ago and told them I wanted to get the car in question as soon as it was available. At the time, I told them I'd be happy to put down a deposit, but they didn't take one -- maybe because there was no VIN or firm release date. So I just kept researching every day and waiting. And today I got a call back saying their first hybrid is showing up in their computer.

He was reading me the features over the phone. Some of the things I figured were dealer installed -- roof crossbars, rear bumper applique, carpet mats -- were actually listed on his computer, so perhaps they aren't dealer installed after all. I'm not really sure about that.

He was also able to see the build, ship, and delivery dates in his computer along with the vehicle's VIN.

Since it was over the phone, I have not signed anything yet and he did not mention signing anything. I will probably follow up in a week or two to see if things are on track and make a visit to the dealership. I'm sure it's refundable, but I fully intend on getting the vehicle so I won't be testing it out.

Here's a curious part. Around the same time I contacted this dealership, I contacted the dealership a little closer to my house, but they were completely non-responsive so I contacted the one I did the deposit with. Well, within just an hour or so of the one I am doing business with contacting me, the non-responsive ones sent an email to say that they have a blue limited hybrid coming in. So I wonder if the dealer computers just started showing them today (at least near me).

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Happy to answer them!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
He was reading me the features over the phone. Some of the things I figured were dealer installed -- roof crossbars, rear bumper applique, carpet mats -- were actually listed on his computer, so perhaps they aren't dealer installed after all. I'm not really sure about that.
A lot of this stuff is installed at the POE (port of entry), and is listed on the window sticker. In your case the POE will likely be Portland, OR, where RAVMAN works, or Benecia, CA, where mine came in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts