Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on my past experience with running boards, they were very efficient in staining my pants leg than anything else.

The height of the Rav4 isn't that high and adding running boards is a waste of time and money in my opinion. The only situation where a running board became useful was when I had extra large tires on my old 4Runner.

Most of the folks in the Sienna forums who got running boards, ending up hating them due to the above reasons. They look nice, but aren't really that practical.

Just FYI before everone starts a mad scramble for those nice tubular running boards being installed as a Gulf state port option.

Dizzy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have them on my 2004 and you are right about getting your pants dirty if you aren't careful when your exit the RAV. One other thing that they do is hold snow and slush and it makes a mess. The only thing good about them is that they help access to the roof rack and will help older people get into the car. They came with my RAV, but I wouldn't add them to a RAV.

·
Registered
233 Posts
we do a lot of cow tipping in Oklahoma and running boards are a must I'll usually put about six people on each side holding onto the roof rack as I head out into the pasture. I guess it's a lifestyle choice :roll:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tankd0g said:
I had them and took them off also. If you need to access the roof rack you can buy just side steps,
Or you can do it the old fashioned way: open the door and stand on the doorsill.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Standing on the rear tires works for me.....getting on them is the problem....cuz I'm short... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts