66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife’s 2013 Rav4 Limited with 40,000 miles. Just winterized it with:

4 new Michelin Premiere A/S 235/55/R18 tires from Costco
Front Powerstop slotted/drilled rotors and pads from Rockauto
New Interstate battery from Costco
New wipers, new cabin and engine air filter, oil change and filter
Replaced brake fluid from master cylinder with new

Love the better braking. Can’t wait to try out these tires in the upcoming snow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don't forget the washer fluid rated for below freezing - if it gets that cold where you live.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Don't forget the washer fluid rated for below freezing - if it gets that cold where you live.
Amen to that, brother! You do not want to find your washer fluid frozen while other cars are splashing that semi-frozen gray slush across your windshield! Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The wife’s 2013 Rav4 Limited with 40,000 miles. Just winterized it with:

4 new Michelin Premiere A/S 235/55/R18 tires from Costco
Front Powerstop slotted/drilled rotors and pads from Rockauto
New Interstate battery from Costco
New wipers, new cabin and engine air filter, oil change and filter
Replaced brake fluid from master cylinder with new

Love the better braking. Can’t wait to try out these tires in the upcoming snow.
Curious, which wipers did you get?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am going to have to refill my master cylinder soon. Should I refill it or? Sorry I’ve never done it before

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WIPERS: I like to replace every year and purchased Goodyear Brand at Costco for $5 each. I'm not a big believer of those fancy $20 wipers. These work just fine. I would say their identical to OEM.

MASTER CYLINDER: As your brakes wear the brake fluid must displace that area. So when you notice you brake fluid going down, you also need to check your brake linings. I just did a front brake job on this Rav4 and when I pushed the caliper pistons back in it forced brake fluid back into the master cylinder. I took my MytyVac tool and suctioned out this old brake fluid (as much as I could) and then added new brake fluid. No, its not as good as a complete brake flush, but it does help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts