Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the K&N filter inventory. I came across this page. It has ALL the performance kits available. These kits include Filter, Funnel, and brackets, hoses, and WALLS/ENCLOSERS! They are so many :roll: I really need some help checking them out to see if one could be adapted to our RAV4! Like the lottery, you never know. :wink:

Check this one out http://www.kandn.com/images/l/57I-6510.jpg

See what I mean.:wink: The search is on.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/57i.aspx

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I would love to enclose the filter in a CAB, [cold air box] of some sort. I already send for the K&N Filter. That is part number knn-rr-3003 at Summit Racing. I do have a filter, but it's one of those inky dinky cheapo parts. Not good, it's going out

S

·
0 Posts
ummm.....if it is theshroud/box/heat shield that you are really after, I think that someone on the OZ forum had them. Could be wrong. I just swear I remember them from the old forum. I wanted one but did not have the money.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero, you could enclose the K&N X-Stream filter pod into one of these:

My system has been in place now for for about 2 years now, and works great! I just cleaned and re-oiled the X-Stream filter pod a week ago, and it filtered out the dust just fine. If I get some time to post a pict. of the dirty filter, I'll show you all what I mean. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Actually, come to think of it, I need a new intake, and one with a nice heat shield would be prefered......so Mensa, did u figure out which one fits? Or Mohit, do you know where I can get one of them nice heat shields here in da states. Or, does someone know the specs to make my own? (I know a few damn good machinist around town)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Found one!

Thanks to my sophisticated elimination system (enie, meanie, miney, mo...) I can accross the kit that is made for the 3S-FE motor in the rav4, all years. you can find it here: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0315

click on the link that says vehicle application list, it lists all rav4's that had the 3S-FE... though it doesent appear to include the heat shield, but I cant seem to find a full pic of the system...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, shit. I found a guide on how to install the system on the rav4 with pics on k&n's website... its not exactly the greatest intake on earth, lol. Its like a 4 inch intake tube with a K&N filter on the end of it... and then you cut a whole into the front skid plate, and fun some flex hose up from the hole, and you just kinda position it infront of the intake... and it also says to leave the bottom half of the intake box in place.... wtf??? it like places the filter right beind it.... make any sense to anyone?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Totally agree the fitting instruction are all to cock, I am in the process of buying aK/N 57i from EBay and would some one out there please help me through Forums with the fitting of it? It would really be appreciated. The K/N instruction sheet tend to lose it,s self halfway thru the content
Clare
PS. Don,t forget I,m a total novice ,help would really be appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts